Classic Peanut Butter Blossoms are the epitome of the holidays! Peanut butter cookies rolled in sugar and topped with Hershey’s Chocolate Kisses are the perfect cookies for a Christmas cookie exchange. Of course, you can enjoy these Peanut Butter Blossoms round!
Peanut Butter Blossoms are such a classic cookie that most people make only during the holidays. Can anyone tell me why? I’ve been hunting for the reason that these aren’t enjoyed all year long! There isn’t a seasonal ingredient in the recipe, so I’m baffled.
One reason I do not make them all year long is because I forget about them. Maybe that’s your reason, too? As I’ve stated before, I love the chocolate and peanut butter combination so I’m not sure why I forget to make these “easy to whip up” cookies. But, here’s your reminder. And, maybe I’ll just have to remind you (and myself) again this spring, summer and fall!
You Can Freeze Peanut Butter Blossoms
The great thing about these cookies, as with many other cookie recipes, is you can keep them in the freezer. When someone comes over, take the Peanut Butter Blossoms out of the freezer and let thaw on the counter top. They don’t take long at all to get to room temperature and ready to enjoy!
How To Make Peanut Butter Blossoms
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Cream together butter, peanut butter and sugars.
- Add the egg, milk and vanilla.
- Combine the flour, baking soda and salt then add to the wet ingredients.
- Roll into 1-inch dough balls and roll in sugar.
- Bake 8-10 minutes.
- Place one Hershey’s Chocolate Kiss on each cookie.
Peanut Butter Blossoms
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar , plus additional 1/2 cup for dusting
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 Tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 30 Hershey’s Kisses (unwrapped)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, cream together the butter and peanut butter. Beat in 1/3 cup granulated sugar and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add the egg, milk and vanilla, mixing until incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt. Gradually beat the dry ingredients into the wet mixture until just combined.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls and roll in a bowl of 1/2 cup sugar. Place on the prepared cookie sheet. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Immediately remove from the oven and place unwrapped chocolate Kisses into the center of each cookie, slightly pressing. Allow cookies to cool completely on a cooling rack.