Pirouline dark chocolate wafers rolled into the center of refrigerated crescent rolls, then drizzled with melted chocolate.
About eight years ago, Ben and I spent a week in Italy where I discovered chocolate croissants. Although I didn’t, I wanted to eat one every morning for breakfast. Ever since that trip, I often cave and buy a chocolate croissant whenever I see one. Weirdo me.
I know these are not croissants, but this is a super easy way to get the same effect with a fun little twist! Using refrigerated crescent rolls, I rolled two Pirouline dark chocolate wafers into the middle of each dough triangle and then drizzled melted chocolate over top after they were baked.
Such a delicious and simple way to get my fix of a flaky chocolaty breakfast.
But, wait. You can go one step further and slice these up to serve at a party. Look how cute the exposed Pirouline wafers look when cutting into them! Your party guests can get a bite sized serving of a decadent chocolate treat without feeling guilty from eating an entire roll.
This post is not sponsored by Pirouline and they have no idea I even made this. This recipe simply reflects my love for Pirouline rolled wafers and chocolate crescents. 🙂
Dark Chocolate Pirouline Crescent Rolls
- 1 (8 count) package refrigerated crescent roll dough
- 16 Pirouline dark chocolate rolled wafer cookies
- Chocolate chips or melting wafers
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Place each crescent dough triangle on a flat clean working surface. Take one Pirouline cookie and place it at the large end of the crescent triangle and roll once, then place one more Pirouline next to it (there should be one layer of dough in between the two cookies) then roll the rest of the way towards the small end of the triangle. Place on a baking sheet with the seam side down. Repeat with the remaining dough triangles and cookies, using two cookies per triangle.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10 to 12 minutes, until the dough is cooked through and golden. Remove from the oven; set aside.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt the chocolate chips or chocolate wafers in the microwave at 50% power, stirring every 30 seconds until melted. Use a fork to drizzle the chocolate over top the baked crescent rolls. Serve immediately whole, or slice into party sized appetizers.