Lunch meals should be simple, yet not boring. It's easy, though, to get in a rhythm of the same lunch every day. Or, is that just me? Let me tell you how I used Hidden Valley's Smoked Bacon Ranch Sandwich Spread to zest up our lunch hour recently.
I'm typically home every day during lunch, whether it's a work-from-home day for me, or a stay-at-home day with the kids. Occasionally, I mix it up and I take the kids to Chick-fil-a to kill time while they play. Other days, we stick to sandwiches, wraps or whatever is frozen and pre-made because these are fast and simple.
Every so often Ben comes home for his lunch hour. He's a simple guy and is pleased with anything I quickly gather around for him. But, sometimes it's nice to change it up and surprise him with something a bit more fancy.
That's where this Smoked Bacon Ranch Sandwich Spread came in handy. Most of you use Hidden Valley Ranch products for many of your recipes like these super delicious snack pretzels I shared with you a couple of years back. But, did you know about their sandwich spreads?
These spreads definitely spice up your ordinary sandwich, but I wanted to create something even more fun for my family, while incorporating some veggies. I also wanted to make lunch more interesting. So, I came up with these sandwich melts which are to die for!
Topped with melted Gouda cheese (my favorite!), ham and asparagus, the delicious twist to these hot and cheesy open-faced sandwiches is the special blend of herbs and spices in the Hidden Valley sandwich spread.
Fancy? Yes. Difficult? No. It takes just minutes to throw these together, so your lunch meal is still quick and easy.
If you like, you can serve these as an appetizer, too. Maybe use smaller rolls and cut up the aspargus spears to fit. Either way, you've got your meat, cheese, bread and veggies all in one!
From dressings and dips to sandwich spreads and side dish solutions, the special blend of herbs and spices makes Hidden Valley the perfect addition to any recipe. For more delectable ranch recipes, visit www.hiddenvalley.com.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Hidden Valley Ranch. The opinions and text are all mine.
Smoked Bacon Ranch Ham and Asparagus Melts
- 8 oz . bag frozen steamable asparagus spears
- 4 long bakery rolls
- Hidden Valley Smoked Bacon Ranch Sandwich Spread
- 8 slices Gouda deli cheese
- 8 slices deli ham
- Cook the asparagus according to the package directions. Remove spears from the bag and transfer to a plate to slightly cool.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Slice the bakery rolls in half and place cut side up on a large baking sheet. Spread a thin layer of sandwich spread over top of each piece of bread.
- Cut the slices of cheese in half so you have 16 rectangles. Place 1 rectangle of cheese on top of each piece of bread, followed by 1 slice of ham, 2 asparagus spears, then 1 more rectangle of cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 8-10 minutes, until bread is toasted and cheese starts to brown.