This Spicy Garlic Shrimp is quickly cooked on the stove top and ready within minutes.
Shrimp is one of those things that I sometimes love and sometimes hate. I hate shrimp in pasta, but I love coconut shrimp, shrimp cocktail and this spicy garlic shrimp. This was another dish I served at my Spanish tapas party about a month ago. It was probably the easiest recipe of the night and took the shortest amount of time to prep.
I used frozen shrimp from Costco that was already deveined and peeled. I recommend going this route to make it super effortless for you. And, with shrimp taking only 2 to 3 minutes to cook, this is a very quick weeknight meal.
There is no original source for this recipe. I’ve had it before and just tried recreating it from memory. It turned out fantastic!
Spicy Garlic Shrimp
- 2 lb deveined and peeled raw frozen shrimp (thawed)
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves , minced
- a pinch of red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp fresh parsley , chopped
- Heat the olive oil in the skillet. Add the garlic and red pepper flakes; cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly so garlic doesn't burn. Add the shrimp and cook another 2 to 3 minutes, until the shrimp are pink and done.
- Pour into serving bowl and toss with parsley.