Hearty strawberry blueberry banana oat muffins are a satisfying breakfast with your morning cup of coffee.
I love making banana muffins. These muffins are a spin-off from one of my favorite strawberry banana muffins recipe. I added blueberries and changed the base of the recipe to use more oats and less flour. They turned out beautifully.
A little heartier than the others, these create a nice chewy texture that slows you down forcing you to enjoy the flavor of each bite. You can sip your coffee slowly with these.
This muffin recipe is a nice breakfast for the warmer months since we're using spring/summer berries. Host a morning brunch and serve with refreshingly cold iced coffee.
Lately, the days have been crazy with neighbors not loving neighbors. Let's change that! It can start with reaching out and inviting a new friend over for muffins and tea. 🙂
Strawberry Blueberry Banana Oat Muffins
- ¾ cup light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs , lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- juice of half a lemon
- 3 ripe bananas , mashed
- ½ cup unsalted butter , melted and cooled
- 1 ¼ cup quick oats (not instant)
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup strawberries cut into small pieces
- ¾ cup fresh blueberries
For the topping:
- 3 tablespoons very cold unsalted butter
- ½ cup quick oats
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Adjust oven rack to center position. Line muffin pan with paper liners.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the ¾ cup brown sugar, eggs, vanilla, lemon juice and bananas. Stir in the melted butter.
- In another large mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Gently toss in the berries to lightly coat. This keeps the fruit from sinking during baking. Add the wet ingredients all at once to the dry ingredients and gently stir until just combined. Do not over mix.
- Fill each muffin cup about two-thirds full, using a large ice cream scoop. Prepare the streusel topping. In a small bowl, combine the streusel ingredients. Rub together with your fingers until becomes coarse crumbs. Top evenly over each muffin.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from the oven and let cool in pan for 15 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.