Every party, holiday or potluck meal needs this Strawberry Jell-O Fluff Salad recipe at the table. This whipped Jell-O fruit salad includes Cool Whip and fruit, and can be served as dessert or a side dish. Strawberry Jell-O Fluff Salad gives a perfect fruity fluffy delicious bite!
I'm so excited about this Strawberry Jell-O Fluff recipe! A couple of years ago I tried a cranberry fluff recipe for Thanksgiving that I didn't really love. I'm not sure if it was because I did not like the texture of the cranberries, or just the taste overall, but I quickly tossed that recipe even though others at my table claimed to like it.
Although strawberries aren't really the fruit of choice during the holiday season, I love having the addition of this Strawberry Fluff Jell-O Salad on our Thanksgiving and Christmas menu, especially because I do not like cranberries. Fresh strawberries are found year-round so it's not a problem to grab a few and slice them up for this strawberry fluff recipe.
How To Make Strawberry Jell-O Fluff Salad
Any Jell-O Fluff recipe typically calls for Cool Whip and fruit, but my secret additional ingredient here is... wait for it... BUTTERMILK. I also use Cool Whip (and a lot of it!) but adding in 2 cups of buttermilk creates an even more creamy and wonderful strawberry fluff!
It is super easy to make this Strawberry Jell-O Fluff Salad by first mixing up a large package of Strawberry Jell-O and letting it cool for about an hour. After that, whip it up with a whisk (or you can use your mixer) and then stir in the Cool Whip and buttermilk. Lastly, fold in the strawberries and marshmallows -- now you've got a delightful strawberry fluff!
What Is Strawberry Fluff?
Why is it called strawberry fluff? Because that's exactly how I would describe this dessert (or side dish)! It's fluffy because of the cool whip and marshmallows and loaded with strawberry flavor from the strawberry Jell-O and fresh strawberry slices. It's like eating strawberry flavored clouds!
Strawberry Jell-O Fluff Salad
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 large (6 oz.) package strawberry Jell-O
- 16 oz. Cool Whip
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1 lb fresh strawberries sliced (can use frozen)
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- In a large bowl, whisk together the boiling water and Jell-O until dissolved. Refrigerate, uncovered, for 1 hour until thickened.
- Remove from fridge. Using a whisk or a mixer, whip the thickened Jell-O until creamy and very few lumps are left. (Some little chunks may remain...no worries!)
- Stir in the Cool Whip and buttermilk. Fold in the strawberries and marshmallows, saving a few to garnish the top.
- If desired, transfer to a prettier serving bowl since the mixing bowl will get pretty messy! Cover and keep in the fridge for up to two days.