Put Krusteaz's new Molten Deep Dish Cookie mix to use and whip up these sugar cookie bars that have a layer of chocolate and are peppered with sprinkles.
Y'all! Run to the store immediately and grab the Krusteaz Molten Deep Dish Sugar Cookie Mix so you can make these right now. After Krusteaz sent me a sampling of these new Molten Deep Dish cookie mixes to review, I decided on my own to use one for creating a new cookie bar recipe.
Wanting to keep it simple and fun, I kept the steps and ingredients to a minimum. In order to get Judah interested in making these with me, I pulled out the most alluring ingredients to kids -- sprinkles and M&M's! He was quickly engaged! 🙂
I followed the directions on the box to mix up the ingredients, then stirred in the colorful sprinkles. Instead of scooping 24 dough balls, I took half of the dough and pressed it into an 8x8-inch baking pan. Then I spread the chocolate molten mix over top of that and sprinkled a layer of mini M&M's. To top it off, I crumbled the rest of the dough over the M&M's.
These baked up beautifully and ended up as one of my favorite cookie bar desserts! The Krusteaz cookie mix made this super simple and quick to put together. The molten chocolate packet provided in the box added a wonderful surprise in the middle of each square.
Ben couldn't believe how much he liked these. I couldn't believe how much I liked them! And...Judah? Well, he knew they would be great from the beginning. 😉
With school back in session, these are a great option for when you need to send your kiddo with a treat to share. Want to win a set of the entire Molten Cookie Line? Krusteaz is letting me give a set away to one of my lucky readers! Woot woot! See below the recipe for the giveaway entry form.
Sugar Cookie Party Squares
- 1 box Krusteaz Molten Deep Dish Sugar Cookie Mix
- 1 egg
- ⅓ cup butter , slightly melted
- ½ cup multi-colored sprinkles
- ½ cup miniature M&M's
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease an 8x8-inch baking pan with nonstick spray.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the sugar cookie mix (not the molten chocolate filling) with the egg and butter until a dough forms. Stir in the sprinkles until evenly spread through-out the dough. Press half of the dough into the bottom of the baking pan.
- Remove the molten chocolate filling pouch from the box and cut open. Spread the filling over top of the dough in the pan. Evenly sprinkle with the M&M's.
- Crumble the rest of the dough evenly over the top. Bake for 20-22 minutes, until the top is just golden. Remove from the oven and let cool to room temperature before slicing into squares.