When it's time for dessert, I typically lean towards anything with chocolate. So, it shouldn't come to anyone's surprise that I craved these cookies that are triply chocolaty the moment I saw them. This is one of those recipes that I started making a while ago, but haven't had the chance to share with you until now. Shame on me for enjoying them all year and keeping them from you!
I will warn you that you should probably pour yourself a tall glass of cold milk alongside these cookies. They are pretty rich and might not be for everyone. But, if you are a chocolate lover, you'll definitely be glad you made them. They make up a pretty big batch, so don't be afraid to freeze some of them like I do, then warm them up in the microwave for a few seconds to freshen them back up.
On another note, you might be wondering who the winner of the Lindy's Delights' scone mix is? Congratulations to Anne, who said "Anything will apples sounds wonderful — especially cinnamon apple (such a good combination of flavors!). However, my husband is always partial to lemon poppyseed!" Check your email, Anne, for instructions from me.
Everyone else who didn't win, you are in luck! Lindy is offering all of my readers a special 10% discount on all scone orders for the next week. What a great gift for your friends, family, kids' teachers, Pastors, neighbors....anyone! I've got a batch I'm saving to make for Black Friday breakfast! To take advantage of this offer, just visit Lindy's Delights and enter the promotional code "PENNIES" at checkout to received your 10% discount. But, hurry! This offer expires next week, November 18th!
Thank you, everyone, for entering the giveaway and visiting Lindy's shop. I enjoy sharing products I love, and hope you get the chance to try them out! Have a great weekend!
Chewy Triple Chocolate Cookies
- 2 cups flour
- ½ cup Dutch-processed cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 16 ounces semisweet chocolate , chopped
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee or espresso powder
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter , at room temperature
- 1 ½ cups packed light brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl; set aside.
- Using a heatproof bowl, microwave the chocolate in 30 second intervals, stirring in between, until melted and smooth. In a small mixing bowl, combine the eggs, vanilla and instant coffee granules; stir well with a fork to dissolve; set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the butter at medium speed until smooth and creamy, about 5 seconds. Stir in the sugars and beat until combined, yet still granular, about 1 minute. With the mixer on low speed, gradually beat in the egg mixture until incorporated, about 45 seconds. Pour in the chocolate at a steady stream and continue mixing until combined, about 40 seconds. Detach the paddle and scrape down the bottom and sides of the bowl. Reattach the paddle and turn the mixer on low speed. Add the dry ingredients and mix just until incorporated. Do not overmix. Fold in the chocolate chips with a wooden spoon. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone liners. Scoop golf-ball sized dough-balls onto the prepared baking sheets, spacing about 1 ½ inches apart.
- Bake for 10 minutes, or until the edges of the cookies have just begun to set but the centers are still very soft. Rotate the sheets halfway through baking. Remove from oven and cool on the cookie sheets for about 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. Cool the baking sheets back to room temperature before continuing with the remaining dough.
- Source: Slightly adapted from Annie's Eats, originally from Baking Illustrated
If you liked this Chewy Chocolate Triple Cookies recipe, you might want to check out:
- Chocolate Toffee Crunch Cookies from What's Cookin' Chicago?
- Chocolate Roll-Out Cookies from The Adventures of Sweet Sugarbelle
- Malted Milk Chocolate Chip Cookies from The Pioneer Woman Cooks
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Surprise Cookies from Pennies on a Platter