Who doesn't love a nice cold Wendy's Frosty Dessert? Try this recipe for a pumpkin frosty!
Wendy's Frosty Desserts are a bit nostalgic to me, dating back to more than 10 years ago. One summer during college, my best friend and I had the popular Frosty and Fries combination every Sunday night before heading to our college group worship gathering. The fries were always hot with the right amount of salt, creating the perfect dipping vessel for the chocolate frozen dessert.
I know many of us love Wendy's Frosty Desserts, especially the chocolate flavor, but how many of you have wished for a pumpkin version? My hand is raised! Is yours?
Since we are now entering the fall season, where all things pumpkin are popping up on food blogs and Pinterest, I thought I would get a jump-start to the pumpkin recipes, as well. The problem? It is still 90 degrees here in Mississippi, which means I am not in the mood to bake anything with pumpkin! Crap. What to do?
I kept cool, turned off my oven and made you a Pumpkin Frosty. It took me a couple of attempts, but this is what I think is the closest to a homemade Pumpkin Frosty dessert, inspired from the ever-so-lovely, Kristen's, homemade chocolate version (that you don't want to miss)!
And, it's easy. Oh-so-very-EASY.
Pumpkin Frosty Dessert
- 7 oz . sweetened condensed milk
- ¾ cup pumpkin puree
- ½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 6 oz . Cool Whip
- 1 ¾ cup whole milk or heavy cream
- (This recipe uses this ice cream maker with a 1 ½ quart freezer bowl. Prep the freezer bowl by placing it in the freezer at least 24 hours in advance.)
- In a large bowl, use a rubber spatula to mix together the sweetened condensed milk and pumpkin puree until fully combined. Stir in the pumpkin pie spice, then gently fold in the Cool Whip, stirring just a few times.
- Place the pumpkin mixture into the freezer bowl of your ice cream maker. Turn the ice cream maker on and then add the milk or heavy cream while it is churning. Let it continue to churn for 25 to 30 minutes, or until it reaches the desired consistency. Serve immediately.