Double Chocolate Zucchini Bread
A rich and moist quick zucchini bread with shredded zucchini and a double dose of chocolate. Your kids might not even notice the hidden veggies!
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time1 hr 5 mins
Total Time1 hr 15 mins
Servings: 8 -10 servings
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 2/3 cups White Lily Enriched All-Purpose Wheat Flour (or all-purpose flour)
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups shredded , unpeeled zucchini (about 2 medium zucchini)
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9x5-inch loaf pan; set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, beat the eggs, honey, oil, sugar and vanilla with the whisk attachment. In a separate medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add to the wet ingredients and mix until combined. Stir in the shredded zucchini. Fold in the chocolate chips.
Transfer the batter into the prepared loaf pan. Bake on the center rack for 1 hour to 1 hour 15 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean from wet batter. (My oven takes 1 hour 5 minutes.) Remove from oven and let rest in pan for 20 minutes. Transfer loaf from pan to a wire rack to cool completely before slicing.