A rich and moist quick zucchini bread with shredded zucchini and a double dose of chocolate. Your kids might not even notice the hidden veggies!
Typically for breakfast, I keep it simple with a bowl of Total Whole Grain and exactly seven raw almonds with a scoop of black chia seeds mixed in. It's low calorie and heart healthy with extra nutrition to jump start my day. BUT... every so often, namely the weekends, I like to indulge and have something a little more fun. This Double Chocolate Zucchini Bread goes great with my weekend cup of coffee and I feel like I'm still being "healthy" because of the added zucchini. Obviously. 😉
Ben has told me many times in our 11 years together how much he likes chocolate zucchini bread, reminiscing of the days his mother made it for his family. It was about time I finally made it for him and I couldn't be more pleased with this recipe.
I made this loaf with White Lily's new premium line of Enriched All-Purpose Wheat Flour, which you can substitute easily at a 1:1 ratio with regular all-purpose flour.
I love this flour blend because it adds an extra benefit of whole grain and is non-GMO verified. It is domestically grown with Shepherd's Grain farmers, who I had the chance to meet during a trip to their wheat farms in Washington state last spring.
Double Chocolate Zucchini Bread
- 2 large eggs
- ⅓ cup honey
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 ⅔ cups White Lily Enriched All-Purpose Wheat Flour (or all-purpose flour)
- ⅓ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups shredded , unpeeled zucchini (about 2 medium zucchini)
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9x5-inch loaf pan; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the eggs, honey, oil, sugar and vanilla with the whisk attachment. In a separate medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add to the wet ingredients and mix until combined. Stir in the shredded zucchini. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Transfer the batter into the prepared loaf pan. Bake on the center rack for 1 hour to 1 hour 15 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean from wet batter. (My oven takes 1 hour 5 minutes.) Remove from oven and let rest in pan for 20 minutes. Transfer loaf from pan to a wire rack to cool completely before slicing.
- Recipe source: What Megan's Making
I have partnered with White Lily to help create delicious recipes using their new line of premium flour blends. All opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that I love and that help make this site grow.