Strawberries and bananas are a perfect match, even in your morning muffins.
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time35 mins
Servings: 12 -16 muffins
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter , melted and cooled
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs , lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 ripe bananas , mashed
- 1 1/2 cups fresh whole strawberries , cut into small pieces
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
For the Streusel Topping:
- 3 tablespoons very cold unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Adjust oven rack to center position. Line muffin pan with paper liners.
In a medium bowl, whisk together the brown sugar, eggs, vanilla and bananas. Stir in the melted butter.
In another large mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Add the berries and gently toss to coat. This keeps the fruit from sinking during baking. Add the wet ingredients all at once to the dry ingredients and gently stir until just combined. Do not over mix.
Fill each muffin cup about two-thirds full, using a large ice cream scoop. Prepare the streusel topping. In a small bowl, combine the streusel ingredients. Rub together with your fingers until becomes coarse crumbs. Top evenly over each muffin.
Bake muffins for 20 to 25 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean. Remove from oven and let cool in pan for 15 minutes, then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.