Perfect in keeping it quick to prepare, impressive in presentation, yet casual in the way it is served (family style, dip right in!)
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time5 mins
Total Time15 mins
Servings: 6 servings
- 1 1/2 pounds Italian Fontina , cubed
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic , thinly sliced
- 1 Tablespoon minced fresh thyme leaves
- 1 Tablespoon minced fresh rosemary leaves
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- crusty bread
Preheat the broiler on high. Position top oven rack 6 inches from the broiler.
Evenly distribute the Fontina cubes in a 12-inch cast-iron skillet or oven safe dish. Drizzle with the olive oil. In a small bowl, mix together the garlic, thyme and rosemary. Sprinkle over the cheese, along with the salt and pepper.
Broil for 5 to 6 minutes, or until the cheese is bubbly and golden brown. Serve family style by dipping into it with the crusty bread.