Mexican Restaurant White Cheese Dip
This queso dip is the BEST recipe for white cheese dip and is a copycat from your favorite Mexican restaurant. Only 4 ingredients and 5 minutes for the EASIEST and most authentic queso blanco dip recipe.
Cook Time5 mins
Total Time5 mins
Servings: 12 servings
- 1 lb white American cheese , cut into cubes
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/2 cup water , optional for a thinner dip
- 4 oz can diced green chiles
- 2 pickled jalapenos (from a can) , chopped
- 1 ounce pickled jalapeno juice (from the can)
- pinch of cumin (optional)
Combine the cheese cubes and milk (and optional water) into a large glass microwave safe bowl. Microwave on high for 5 minutes, stirring every minute. The mixture might seem watery during the first few stirs, but will come together as a nice runny dip after all the cheese is melted. Remove from the microwave and stir in the rest of the ingredients.
Serve immediately as a dip with tortilla chips or as a sauce over your favorite Mexican dish. If using for a party dip, keep warm in a small Crock Pot.
- White American cheese is found at most deli counters in your local grocery store. Land o' Lakes is my preferred brand, however, I have had great results with Boar's Head, too.
- For a runnier dip, add up to 1/2 cup water with the cheese and milk. For a thicker and creamier dip, use 1 cup half and half instead of the milk and water.
- If after 5 minutes in the microwave your cheese is not all melted, give it an additional 30 seconds and stir again. Repeat until melted, up to 1 additional minute. You may also use a wire whisk if clumps remain.
Calories: 151kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 39mg | Sodium: 717mg | Potassium: 83mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 434IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 414mg | Iron: 1mg