Loaded Baked Potato Soup
This Loaded Baked Potato Soup is a creamy bowl of delicious flavors from a loaded baked potato that will keep you warm on a cold day.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time30 mins
Total Time40 mins
- 2/3 cup butter
- 2/3 cup flour
- 7 cups milk
- 4 large baking potatoes baked, peeled and cubed (about 4 cups)
- 4 green onions sliced (and then more for garnish)
- 12 bacon strips cooked and crumbled
- 1 1/4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup 8 ounces sour cream
- 3/4 teaspoon salt plus more for seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper plus more for seasoning
- garlic salt to taste
In a large soup pot or Dutch oven, melt the butter. Stir in flour; heat and stir until smooth. Slowly add milk and stir until thickened (about 10 minutes). Add potatoes and onions. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
Reduce heat to medium low and simmer for 10 minutes until potatoes are softened. Add remaining ingredients and stir until cheese is melted.
Season to taste with salt, pepper and garlic salt. Serve immediately.