A recipe for Pumpkin Blondies loaded with rich flavors of fall and a thick gooey texture. These rich sweet dessert bars are packed with white chocolate chips, butterscotch chips and pecans.
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time35 mins
Total Time50 mins
Servings: 24 bars
- 1 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar light or dark
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 can (15 ounce) pumpkin puree (NOT pumpkin pie filling)
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup pecan pieces
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 9x13-inch pan with foil -- allow the foil to hang over the edge for easy removal. Grease with nonstick spray. Set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, beat the butter and sugars until combined. Add the egg and vanilla; mix well. Beat in the pumpkin.
In a separate medium bowl, whisk together the flour, salt and spices. Gradually add to the pumpkin mixture. Fold in the pecan pieces and chips.
Pour batter into the prepared pan and spread into even layer. Bake on center rack for 35 to 40 minutes, until toothpick comes out clean. Do not overbake -- they will continue to bake after you remove from oven and while they cool.
Remove from oven and allow to cool completely. Lift foil to remove bars from pan and slice into 24 squares. Store at room temperature in an airtight container for 3-5 days.