UPDATE: This giveaway is now closed. The winner (selected by Random.org) of the Hershey’s baking package is Christi D. who said: “I am making toffee bars…chocolatey goodness!” Congratulations, Christi! Please check your email for instructions on how to claim your prize. Thank you to all who entered. If you didn’t win this time, come back next week for two more great giveaways!
Can you believe it is December already, and the weather outside is not at all frightful? Our fires have yet to be delightful. And, we all have places to go, yet there is no snow? Do we dare request, “let it snow, let it snow, let it snow?”
Actually, here in Mississippi, snow rarely happens anyway. But, I’m pretty shocked to see Facebook status updates of many of my friends and family in the north about their 60 degree weather in December! Good for you, my friends! Enjoy it while you can…
Since it seems no one has any real snow quite yet, how about we enjoy them in cookie form instead? These snowball cookies were inspired by a friend of my mother-in-law’s, who served something very similar to us years ago. She wrote down the recipe for me back then, and I recently came across it deep down in my recipe files.
This turned out to be a great way for using the chocolate kisses Hershey’s sent to me along with a few other baking goodies. And, guess what? They want to send the same treats to one of you, to help with your holiday baking adventures.
- Hershey’s®Cookie Headquarter Apron
- 1 pkg. Hershey’s® Baking Melts Chocolates
- 1 pkg. Hershey’s® Bits ‘o’ Brickle® Toffee Chips
- 1 pkg. Hershey’s® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1 pkg. Hershey’s® Kisses® Chocolates
- 1 canister Hershey’s® Cocoa
- 1 set of recipe cards featuring the core Hershey’s® holiday recipes
Okay, how about that to get you started baking? And, all you need to do to enter the giveaway is leave me a comment below (attached to this post) telling me one thing you plan to bake this year for the holidays. The winner will be chosen by a random number generator, but I still read every single one of your comments, so entertain me! 😉
- To enter the giveaway, please leave a comment attached to this post telling me one thing you plan to bake this year for the holidays. (If you are reading this through email, you must visit the blog to leave your comment.)
- Giveaway is open to US residents only.
- Contest closes Thursday, December 6th at 10:00PM EST.
- Winner will be announced at the top of this post. Winner will also be notified by email. If a response is not received within 1 week of being notified, a new winner will be chosen.
- This giveaway is sponsored by Hershey’s.
Bake, Share, and Win! You can also enter Hershey’s Kitchens Cookie Headquarters’ giveaway by pinning a photo of your HERSHEY’S baked treats for a chance to win a baking products giveaway. Head on over to the Cookie Headquarters for more information and official rules.
Here’s the recipe:
Hidden chocolate kisses make these snowballs a sweet surprise.
- 1 cup butter, at room temperature
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 24 Hershey's Kisses (any flavor, I prefer chocolate), unwrapped
- 1 cup powdered sugar
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Cream together the butter, granulated sugar and vanilla until smooth. In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour and cocoa powder. Gradually add to the butter mixture until combined.
Drop tablespoon dough balls on to a parchment lined baking sheet. Place one chocolate kiss on top of each dough ball then mold the dough around the chocolate kiss, covering completely. Bake for 8 minutes.
Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely on wire rack. When cool, roll in powdered sugar to coat. Best served within 1-2 days.