If you are looking for my old banana muffins recipe with almond flour, coconut cream and applesauce, this is it. I have since discovered a new almond flour banana muffin that is more simple and better consistency but wanted to make sure those who love the old recipe still have access to it.
- 2 medium ripe bananas, mashed
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ¼ cup coconut milk or cream (from a can)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners; set aside.
In a large bowl, mix together all ingredients in the order listed. Scoop mixture evenly into the muffin cups. (I use my medium sized cookie scoop.)
Bake 20 minutes or until thoroughly set in the middle.
Calories: 156kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 41mg | Sodium: 205mg | Potassium: 141mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 75IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 64mg | Iron: 1mg