These almond flour banana muffins are low-carb, gluten-free and include no refined sugars. The muffins are sweetened naturally with bananas and almond flour and can be frozen for a convenient breakfast!
This recipe for Almond Flour Banana Muffins is one of the most popular almond flour muffin recipes out there. We make a batch to keep in the freezer for a quick healthy breakfast option. Easy to make with a few simple ingredients.
These Almond Flour Banana Muffins are low-carb, gluten-free, and include no refined sugars.
Gather these ingredients:
- Almond flour (2 cups)
- Bananas (2 medium ripe)
- Eggs (3 large)
- Unsweetened applesauce (1/2 cup)
- Coconut milk (1/4 cup)
- Vanilla extract
- Baking powder
- Baking soda
- Ground cinnamon
Click here for full recipe ingredients and instructions.
Ben and I felt the best we ever felt after finishing our first Whole30 a few years ago. These muffins were a regular part of our diet and continue to be even when not necessarily trying to be healthy.
If you're trying to eat a little healthier, you know it can take a lot of prep and planning. I love these banana muffins because there is nothing to prep and the only plan is to make sure you have your pantry stocked with the ingredients (which you should already have on hand). You dirty only ONE bowl.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I substitute all-purpose flour for the almond flour?
I do not recommend replacing the almond flour with all-purpose flour. Try my other yummy banana muffins recipe instead!
Are almond meal and almond flour the same thing?
No, they are not exactly the same. Almond flour is a bit finer than almond meal. However, for this recipe you can use them interchangeably.
Can I freeze these muffins?
Yes, we freeze these all the time! Let them cool to room temperature then place in a freezer bag. I've frozen them up to 1 month, because that's how quickly we go through them. After 1 month they might start taking on a freezer taste.
- We usually eat these muffins with a slab of jelly (naturally sweetened with fruit juice).
- Stir in blueberries, pecans or other nuts to the muffin batter to create more flour-less muffin variations!
- Chocolate chips would compliment these muffins well, too!
This recipe was originally published January 2019 and updated August 2020.
Almond Flour Banana Muffins
- 2 medium ripe bananas mashed
- 3 large eggs lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce (or a 4 oz. individual container)
- 1/4 cup coconut milk or cream (from a can)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (omit for Whole30)
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners; set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together all ingredients in the order listed. Scoop mixture evenly into the muffin cups. (I use my medium sized cookie scoop.)
- Bake 20 minutes or until thoroughly set in the middle.
- Nutrition information is an estimate only.