A hearty wheat and almond bread using White Lily's new Wheat & Almond Premium Flour Blend, available in your stores soon!
One of my favorite things to bake in my kitchen is homemade bread. Just the smell of it in my oven is enough to put me in a nostalgic happy mood.
I also love a freshly toasted slice of homemade bread with a simple spread of butter. A loaf of this specific bread is currently in my freezer, already sliced so I can grab one out every other day to toast. My toaster has a "defrost" option so no need to thaw it first. It's heavenly.
The new Wheat & Almond Premium Flour Blend from White Lily includes enriched wheat flour and almond flour. The almond flour in it adds a sweet note to the baked bread, or whatever baked goods you make with it. They have an almond cookie recipe listed on the back of the bag I am dying to try.
As I shared with you in previous posts, White Lily's premium flour blends are unique in that they provide an online code where you can trace your flour back to the Sherpherd's Grain family farmers who grew the wheat for your specific bag. It is super neat to read the farmers' stories!
This particular flour blend will be available in stores and online soon. Keep an eye out for it!!
Almond Wheat Sliced Bread
- 1 1/2 cups warm water
- 1 packet instant yeast
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter , at room temperature
- 3 3/4 to 4 1/2 cups White Lily Enriched Wheat Flour and Almond Flour Blend , divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the water and yeast. Mix in the honey and butter. Stir in 2 cups of the flour and salt. Beat on low speed with the paddle attachment until just moistened. Turn speed up to medium and beat another 1 1/2 minutes.
- Switch to the dough hook and add in 1 1/4 to 1 3/4 cups more flour until dough no longer sticks to sides of bowl. Continue to knead and add more flour in 1/4 cup portions until the dough is smooth and elastic. Transfer dough to a greased bowl, cover tightly with plastic wrap and allow to rise in a warm place until doubled in size.
- Punch down the dough and shape into a loaf. Transfer to a greased 9x5-inch loaf pan. Cover loosely with plastic wrap or clean towel and let rise again for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Remove plastic wrap from dough and bake, uncovered, for 40 to 45 minutes, until dough sounds hollow when tapped. Remove immediately from the pan and let cool completely on a wire rack.
- Recipe source: White Lily Flours
Disclosure: I have partnered with White Lily to help promote their new line of premium flour products. All opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that I love.