Jump into a healthy new year with these Apple Butter Date Rolls that are a sweet nutty energy snack. Create this great, unique taste with the help of Musselman’s Apple Butter.
As we drown in sugar cookies and hot chocolate this festive week, let’s start thinking about another way we can snack on sweets and get a little healthier into the new year. I don’t know about you, but I’m looking forward to the days after Christmas when I no longer have various sweets at my every disposal.
These date rolls are made with a variety of nuts and sweetened with both dates and apple butter. With just a scoop of Musselman’s Apple Butter you add some sweet along with a cinnamon punch to the flavor. I always have Musselman’s Apple Butter on hand to use for more than just a spread in many of my various recipes.
These are thrown together in 15 minutes and require no baking time. Slice them then store them in the freezer so they are ready for a quick snack that satisfies your sweet tooth. See below for easy step-by-step photos.
Apple Butter Date Rolls
- 1 ½ cups raw almonds
- ½ cup walnuts
- 2 cups pitted medjool dates
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons Musselman’s Apple Butter
- Pulse the almonds and walnuts in a food processor until coarsely crumbled.
- Add the apricots and salt.
- Process until a dough forms, about 2 minutes.
- Remove half of the dough from the food processor and press onto a parchment lined baking sheet into a 10x6 rectangle, about ¼-inch thick.
- Add the apple butter to the food processor and process until combined.
- Use a small sheet of parchment to press the remaining dough into an even layer on top of the rectangle.
- Gently and tightly roll the dough then place seam side down.
- Wrap the roll into the parchment paper and twist the ends of the paper to secure.
- Freeze for at least 1 hour, then unwrap and slice into ½-inch rolls.
- Store in the freezer.
Other apple butter recipes:
Apple Butter Banana Bread French Toast
Apple Butter Cherry Cobbler Bars
Butternut Squash Apple Soup
Apple Butter Hummus Dip
Pecan Crusted Apple Butter and Bacon Cheese Ball
This post is sponsored by Musselman’s Apple Butter. All opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that I love which helps make this site possible.