This Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice Cream Bar Dessert is layers of ice cream sandwiches, peanut butter and chocolate sauce, topped with Reese's Peanut Butter Cups! EASY and impressive ice cream dessert!
This, my friends, is one of our favorite desserts. It's a favorite for Ben, because he is in love with anything that has to do with chocolate and peanut butter. It's a favorite for me, because I also share a love for the chocolate and peanut butter combo, but more importantly, this is one heck-uhva easy, yet impressive, dessert!
Living in a community with many young families, TONS of children and even single men and women who live on the seminary campus, we often entertain or are invited for dinner. Typically, I like to be in charge of dessert. Being in the south now, I feel I need to have a dessert ready that grabs at anyone's sweet tooth. With our busy schedule, I do not always have time to spend an hour or two in the kitchen, baking up a treat, so it's nice to have quick and easy recipes like this on hand. But, the thing about this one is that everyone is super impressed! I sometimes don't want to tell them how easy it is!
You can go all-the-way homemade with this, but then that takes away from what I love most about it. With the use of ice cream sandwiches, chocolate syrup, peanut butter and COOL WHIP whipped topping, this dessert fixes up in a jiffy! Just two layers of these ingredients, placed into an 8x8 pan and then frozen for 1 hour, will provide you with a spectacular chocolaty treat and gain back minutes for you to spend with your family.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice Cream Bar Dessert
- 8- ounces chocolate syrup
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 12 - 18 store-bought (rectangle) ice cream sandwiches
- 8- ounces frozen COOL WHIP whipped topping , thawed
- 1/2 cup chopped peanut butter cups
- Heat the chocolate syrup in a microwave-safe bowl for about 1 minute. Stir in the peanut butter until smooth; set aside.
- Layer half of the ice cream sandwiches on the bottom of an 8x8 square baking dish. Evenly pour half of the chocolate-peanut butter sauce over the top. Spread with an even layer of half of the COOL WHIP, then sprinkle with half of the peanut butter cups. Repeat the layers (sandwiches, chocolate sauce, COOL WHIP) ending with another sprinkle of peanut butter cups. Cover loosely with foil and freeze for at least 1 hour. To serve, cut into squares.
- *Note: This recipe can be doubled, using a 9x13-inch pan.
- Source: Recipe inspired from AllRecipes
Full Disclosure: As part of the Foodbuzz Tastemaker Program, I received coupons for free COOL WHIP Whipped Topping and a stipend. Sponsored posts are purely editorial content that we are pleased to have presented by a participating sponsor. Advertisers do not produce the content.