When I came across this recipe to test, I didn't have high expectations. A pizza that was heavily topped with olives? Hmmmm...it didn't sound all that amusing. But, was I proven wrong! Surprisingly, the combination of the pepper jack cheese, two different kinds of olives, and a sprinkling of diced bell peppers really works into one great olive pizza!
The original recipe calls for a thin crust pizza dough, but I couldn't steer my mind away from making individual sized pizzas over some homemade pita bread. Plus, what a great use of the pita bread that was starting to get a little too old in my freezer! You can definitely use store-bought pita bread, too. These little pizzas are thrown together within minutes and appear on your table-top in no time!
Pepper Jack and Double Olive Pita Pizza
- 4 pita breads
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- 1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives , sliced
- 1/2 cup green olives , sliced
- 1/2 yellow or orange bell pepper , finely diced
- 1 cup shredded Pepper Jack cheese
- 4 basil leaves , thinly sliced (optional)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Spread the pizza sauce over the surface of each of the pita breads. Top with the olives, peppers and cheese. Bake on a baking sheet or stone for 5 to 8 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly. Garnish with basil, if desired.
- Source: Adapted from Sargento
Full Disclosure: Although I’m in partnership to test and review Sargento recipes, I only share with you the ones that I truly enjoy and will make again. This post was sponsored by Sargento, but the opinions expressed about this recipe are my own.