Cream Cheese Frosting
- 8 oz cream cheese , room temperature
- ½ cup unsalted butter , room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 to 4 cups confectioners’ sugar , sifted
- Beat cream cheese, butter, and vanilla with electric mixer at medium-high speed until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Reduce speed to medium and gradually add powdered sugar, beating well until frosting is smooth. This frosts tops and sides of two 8- or 9-inch layers. (Halve the recipe to frost a 13x9x2-inch cake.) Cover and store frosted cake in the refrigerator.
- Source: Adapted from The Ulterior Epicure