Hot Fudge Sundae Cake
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup chopped nuts , if desired
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 3/4 cups very hot water
- Ice Cream , if desired
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix flour, granulated sugar, 2 tablespoons cocoa, the baking powder and salt in medium bowl. Mix in milk, oil and vanilla with fork until smooth. Stir in nuts. Spread in ungreased square pan, 9x9x2 inches.
- Sprinkle brown sugar and 1/4 cup cocoa over batter. Pour water evenly over batter.
- Bake about 40 minutes or until top is dry. Cool 10 minutes.
- Spoon warm cake into dessert dishes. Top with ice cream. spoon sauce from pan onto each serving.
- Source: Adapted from Betty Crocker Cookbook