Who ever thought Daylight Savings was a good idea? <A-hem! Benjamin Franklin> Yes, I had my years of loving "Fall Back" and always dreaded "Spring Forward." Once I had kids I realized how stupid it is to keep messing with the time. Haha. This is all in jest, of course. I'm sure it's necessary and it is a well thought-out plan, but darn it, my kids keep waking up super early and I am so very very tired! Soon I'm going to convince Ben to start looking into places to move that does not experience Daylight Savings. Perfect plan, right?
Ok, horrible idea...but to this exhausted mom, it sounds kind of good.
Believe me when I say Simon is waking me up at 4:00AM some mornings. This is after months of sleeping through the night. It didn't start until Daylight Savings happened...everything changed. My usual happy baby is now crankier during the days, too. Thanks, "Benji".
Mommy is cranky, too.
But, cookies make me feel better. These cookies made me feel WAY better. I love DOVE® Dark chocolates and I love cookies. Finding this recipe where the two are combined into one? That jump-started my weary soul and bounced me right into the kitchen. The hardest part of this recipe is overcoming the temptation to eat the silky chocolates by themselves instead of adding them to the cookies. But, don't do it...you won't have enough for the entire batch.
Or, better yet, buy two bags: One for the cookies and one for munching.
See? I do have good ideas!
One of the reasons I love DOVE® Dark chocolates over other varieties is because it's not bitter like other dark chocolates can be. Instead, it's creamy and deliciously rich.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Mars®. The opinions and text are all mine.
DOVE® Chocolate Creamy Cookies
- 1 bag DOVE® PROMISES® Milk or Dark Chocolate
- 2 sticks softened butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 6- ounce glass
- 2 non-stick cookie sheets
- Place 12 DOVE® PROMISES® Milk or Dark Chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave, stirring every 15 seconds, until melted.
- In a mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar. Gradually add flour and then stir in melted chocolate until thoroughly blended.
- Roll 24 walnut-size nuggets of dough into balls. Arrange balls 2-1/2 inches apart on a cookie sheet. Slightly flatten dough with the bottom of a lightly floured glass. Press a DOVE® PROMISES® Milk or Dark Chocolate into the center of each cookie.
- Bake in a preheated 350-degree oven until set, about 10 minutes. Cool before serving.
- Source: DOVE® Chocolate Recipes