These giant bakery-style Halloween sugar cookies are rolled into multi-colored sprinkles for a festive treat for Halloween! Your kids will love these Halloween sprinkles cookies!
If you are looking for a quick fun way to celebrate Halloween, look no further. These Halloween sugar cookies are so easy and your kids will love helping you roll the dough balls into the sprinkles. Judah is ALL about sprinkles these days, so we made these together one day and had a blast in the kitchen.
These are not thick Halloween sugar cookies. They are more chewy and thin, but doughy and marvelous. The outer edges are crispy, which is how I love any sugar cookie – crispy shell with a soft center.
Do you love bakery style cookies? I’m talking about the humongous, bigger than your face (well, at least your hand) cookies that many people go bonkers over! I’m one of those people. BIG cookies, friends, is where it’s at!
So, go now, grab some Halloween sprinkles and use ingredients already in your pantry to whip up these giant suckers! Hey, it actually might be a fun idea to add lollypop sticks to these and make cookie pops! 😉
What are some of your favorite Halloween treat traditions?
Giant Halloween Sprinkles Sugar Cookies
- 1 cup unsalted butter , room temperature
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 oz halloween colored nonpareils
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the butter and sugars on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Scrape the sides of the bowl. Beat in the eggs, one at a time. Add the vanilla and mix until combined.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add to the wet ingredients and stir until just combined. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line large baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone liner.
- Place nonpareils into a wide bowl. Using a large cookie scoop, spoon dough balls and roll the rounded top into the nonpareils. Place on baking sheet 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 10-11 minutes, until edges are just browned. Rotate pans halfway through baking.
Pin this image to save for later.