Greek Pasta Salad is the perfect side dish for any picnic food. This easy pasta salad is a mix of tender pasta, cucumbers, olives, tomatoes and cheese with a simple Greek dressing.
Pasta salad is one of my favorite side dishes at a picnic or potluck. Add cubed or shredded chicken and it turns into a meal. My Greek Pasta Salad recipe is super easy to mix up ahead of time to feast on during the week. Toss it in a large bowl, cover and bring to any gathering. No one usually turns down pasta salad — especially one that tastes this good!
As an Amazon affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Greek Pasta Salad Recipe
This pasta salad is served cold and is tossed with a delicious homemade Greek dressing. Gather these ingredients:
Grocery List for Greek Pasta Salad and Dressing
- Lemons (1/4 cup juice)
- Cherry tomatoes (12 oz.)
- Cucumber (1 small)
- Green onions (3 stalks)
- Feta (4 oz. block)
- Rotini (8 oz. uncooked)
- Olive oil (1/2 cup)
- Mayonnaise (1/4 cup)
- Greek seasoning (such as Cavender’s)
- Sliced black olives (2.25 oz can)
You can add more or less of any of these ingredients to suit your tastes. Don’t like black olives? Substitute with kalamata olives or artichoke hearts. Add slices of red onions to pep it up even more and leave out the green onions.
How to Make Greek Pasta Salad
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse.
- Whisk olive oil, mayonnaise, Greek seasoning and lemon juice in small bowl.
- Pour dressing over pasta.
- Add rest of ingredients. Toss until evenly coated.
- Refrigerate 30 minutes before serving.
Click here for the full Greek Pasta Salad recipe ingredients and instructions.
This pasta salad will stay good in the fridge for optimally 5 days, but in reality I’ve kept it up to 1 week. It goes well with any grilled meats, sandwiches, soups, and bread rolls! I really don’t have much more to say about this pasta salad recipe since it’s so easy. If you have any questions, leave a comment and I’ll get back to you!
Tools to help
A few optional kitchen tools I use with this recipe:
- Mixing bowl. The largest bowl in this set is used very frequently and especially to mix up this salad.
- Wooden spoon. I typically always use a wooden spoon for mixing just about everything in my kitchen.
- Fine mesh strainer. I use my large sieve just about every day. The small one I use for straining lemon juice quite often.
Other Pasta Salad Recipes
Greek Pasta Salad
- 12 oz. uncooked rotini pasta
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons Cavender's All-Purpose Greek Seasoning , or less to taste (I would not add more)
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 8 oz. cherry tomatoes , halved
- 1 small cucumber , partially peeled and cubed
- 2.25 oz. can sliced black olives , drained
- 3 stalks green onion , chopped
- 4 oz. block Feta cheese , crumbled
- Cook pasta to al dente according to package directions. Drain and rinse with cold water. Transfer to large mixing bowl; set aside to cool.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, mayonnaise, Greek seasoning, and lemon juice. Pour over the pasta and mix until coated.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and toss until evenly coated. Serve immediately at room temperature, or cover and refrigerate for at least one hour for flavors to blend.
- Remove from refrigerator about 30 minutes before serving.
- Nutritional information is an estimate only.