This easy peanut butter pie is the only peanut butter pie recipe you need! A creamy dreamy no-bake pie with a graham cracker crust for the perfect holiday dessert!
If you're looking for a pie recipe that doesn't use the oven, this no-bake peanut butter pie recipe is it! This is our third or fourth year serving this peanut butter pie, so you know it's tried and true. It's a smooth creamy pie with a whipped cream topping. Pie at it's best!
Graham Cracker Pie Crust
I absolutely LOVE peanut butter pie with a graham cracker pie crust. You can use my recipe for a homemade graham cracker crust, or pick up a store-bought one. I highly recommend my homemade version because it's thicker than a store-bought AND it just tastes better. Plus, you can use a much prettier pie plate than the foil.
For this peanut butter pie recipe, you can opt to bake the pie crust, or just leave it unbaked and refrigerate it for an hour or two before filling it with the peanut butter mixture. If using store-bought crust, don't bake the crust or refrigerate it. It's ready to go.
Try making this pie recipe with Oreos instead. Just crush the Oreo cookies into crumbs, combine with melted butter and press into the pie plate. Now you have more chocolate and peanut butter flavor!
Easy Peanut Butter Pie Recipe
This peanut butter pie recipe is so easy because it uses only 4 ingredients for the peanut butter filling. To make no bake peanut butter pie, follow these simple steps:
- In a large bowl, combine 8 oz. cream cheese with ½ cup powdered sugar and ¾ cup peanut butter until smooth.
- Fold in 8 oz. Cool Whip then pour the peanut butter filling into graham cracker crust.
- Top with another 8 oz. Cool Whip and garnish with chopped peanut butter cups.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before slicing.
Yes, this peanut butter pie uses Cool Whip (or any other frozen whipped topping). But, you can make your own homemade whipped topping if you prefer. It isn't hard!
Hint: Use a large deep 9-inch pie plate for this recipe to fit all the filling.
How Do You Make Cool Whip?
To make a homemade whipped topping (like Cool Whip) all you need to do is whip together heavy cream and sugar. I use my stand mixer whisk attachment or hand electric mixer. Beat until it reaches stiff peaks. Be careful not to over mix it!
I typically use Cool Whip for this recipe, but every once in a while I do like to make my own. It's really up to you and how much time you have! Although, it only takes a few minutes to make it homemade.
How to Store Peanut Butter Pie
Peanut butter pie needs to be refrigerated, because it includes whipped cream and cream cheese. It will last 3-4 days in the fridge (but probably much less because everyone will eat it right up!) You can also freeze no-bake peanut butter pie. This is what I do for the holidays, so that I can make it a week before then thaw in the fridge the night before. Or, you can serve it frozen but it will change the texture -- more like ice cream! And, it's harder to slice from frozen, so I would suggest thawing at least a little first.
Other Delicious Pie Recipes:
- Easy Pumpkin Pie
- Easy Pecan Pie
- Mini Pecan Pie Bites
- German Chocolate Pecan Pie
- Apple Pie
- S'mores Coffee Pie
- Butterscotch Pretzel Pie
My peanut butter pie is currently in our freezer ready for me to take out the night before Thanksgiving! I can't wait!
Eat It, Rate It, and Share It!
Made it and liked it? Leave a star rating, take a photo and tag me on social media @seededtable so I can share it!
This recipe was originally published November 2019 and updated July 2022 with optimized photos and no changes to the recipe.
Peanut Butter Pie
- 1 large prepared graham cracker crust , homemade or store-bought
- 8 oz. cream cheese , room temperature
- ¾ cup creamy peanut butter
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 16 oz. Cool Whip , thawed
- 1 cup chopped mini peanut butter cups
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese, peanut butter and powdered sugar until smooth. Stir in half of the Cool Whip. Spread into the prepared pie plate.
- Top with the remaining Cool Whip and sprinkle chopped peanut butter cups over top. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
- Keeps in the fridge up to 4 days, or in the freezer for up to 1 month. Serve thawed or frozen.
- This pie is best made in a large 9-inch deep pie plate, using my recipe for homemade graham cracker crust.
- If using a 9-inch store bought crust, you may consider dividing the filling into two pies instead.
- Serve frozen or refrigerated.
- Nutrition information is an estimation only.
Sandi Reaume says
I've made this delicious pie three times for various summer events and it has been an absolute hit! Super easy to make and transport. I like to put it in the fridge an hour or two before serving so it is not frozen hard. If I'm lucky, there will be a few slices left over that I can sneak bites of when I need a sweet taste. It's a winner for sure! 🙂
Nikki Gladd says
Ha! Thank you, Sandi! I'll admit, I sneak bites, too! 🙂 Thank you for your feedback!
Angel Thomason says
Would be 5 stars if the correct size pie crust had been given. A 9” would not hold it all. An 11” might even be tight!
Nikki Gladd says
I'm sorry, Angel, you are right! I make this pie in my deep-dish pie plate so a regular 9-inch shallow store bought crust wouldn't fit it all. Instead, it would probably fit into TWO of those crusts. This pie is best made in a larger deep dish plate (I believe mine is 9-inch but 2 inches deep). Thank you for catching that.