Your favorite snack crackers with ranch and a few other tasty seasonings. Bake or no-bake, these crackers are ready in a jiffy and gobbled up even faster!
I like to whip up these ranch crackers for a quick snack when friends come over last minute. Set them out in small serving bowls on the table and let everyone munch as they gather and chat!
We always have various snack crackers on hand like goldfish crackers, Cheez-its, oyster crackers, and so on. These are the main ingredients for this quick snack cracker recipe.
Gather these ingredients:
- Oyster crackers (3 cups)
- Extra toasty Cheez-its (3 cups)
- Goldfish crackers (2 cups)
- Vegetable or canola oil (1/2 cup)
- Dry ranch mix (1 oz. package)
- Lemon pepper (1 teaspoon)
- Seasoned salt (1 teaspoon)
You can use whatever plain crackers you like. We love the extra toasty Cheez-its but you can use regular, however, do not use an already seasoned cracker. Any seasoned salt will work like Lawry's, Tastefully Simple or Season All.
Click here for full recipe ingredients and instructions.
I prefer to bake my snack crackers, because I like them extra toasty and it's faster because it only takes 15 to 20 minutes at a low temperature of 275°F. You want to toss the crackers halfway through the baking time in order to ensure they are evenly toasted.
If you'd rather not turn on your oven, you can let the mixture of crackers and seasonings set in a zipper bag for 3 to 4 hours. But, you will need to shake the bag every 30 minutes or so and the result may be a tiny more oily. Still the same great taste, though!
For both bake or no-bake versions, I first place all of the crackers in a large zipper bag with the seasoning and shake to evenly coat. This is just a very easy way to mix it all up without dirtying a bowl. I then let it set for 3 to 4 hours or toss it onto a large baking sheet and bake it.
Best Crackers to Use
What oyster crackers are best? You decide! I personally love the generic store brand because they are so cheap. But, Premium oyster crackers are also very good and are a bit bigger than generic store brand. You can use whichever you choose.
If you want to use other types of crackers than Cheez-its, oyster crackers or goldfish crackers, you can! Try Bugles, mini saltines, or any other small plain snack crackers. Avoid anything too big or pre-seasoned.
More Snack Cracker Recipes
Ranch Snack Crackers
- 3 cups oyster crackers
- 3 cups extra toasty Cheez-its (or regular)
- 2 cups Goldfish crackers
- 1/2 cup vegetable or canola oil
- 1 oz. package ranch seasoning
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- Preheat oven to 275°F.
- Place crackers in large plastic zipper bag. In small bowl, combine rest of the ingredients. Pour over crackers in bag, close bag and shake to evenly coat.
- Pour crackers onto large rimmed baking sheet in even layer. Bake 15 to 20 minutes, or until just golden. Toss halfway through baking time.
- For no-bake version, keep crackers in bag for 3 to 4 hours, shaking every 30 minutes.
- Use any plain small snack crackers.
- Nutrition information is an estimate only.