Bacon crackers are the perfect party appetizer. My version of this recipe is sweet AND spicy!
Click here to SAVE this recipe!
I love sharing easy appetizer ideas with y'all! Ritz crackers appetizers are some of the easiest, in my opinion. These Sweet and Spicy Bacon Crackers are no exception!
You've seen those bacon cracker appetizers where you have to wrap the bacon around the crackers, right? For me, that takes too much time and removes the convenience factor. I want the least amount of steps as possible. These bacon crackers require no wrapping, making them SUPER simple. Simply place the bacon pieces on top of the crackers instead!
There's only one other step of prep after you place the bacon on the crackers. Simply mix the sugar and hot sauce and sprinkle over the bacon! Sweet and spicy bacon is the best!
You could use cayenne pepper instead of the hot sauce for a dryer sugar mix, with the same sweet and spicy bacon results -- but I love the taste of hot sauce. It's up to you on how you want to make your sweet bacon!
Use a large rimmed baking sheet lined with foil, then place a wire rack (I use my cooling racks) over top and lightly spray with nonstick oil. You may want to dedicate a specific wire rack for your bacon recipes (I love baking strips of bacon on a wire rack for easy crispy breakfast bacon!) The air circulation allowed in this method helps crisp the bacon crackers.
Do not over baked these sweet and spicy bacon crackers, though! Oven temperatures may vary so check them at 10 minutes. You may even need to bake them up to 20 minutes for your liking, but watch those crackers.
Do you have a favorite bacon cracker appetizer? They are really popular during the holiday season! I bet it's because everyone needs such an easy appetizer idea since they're so busy with the other holiday cooking!
Sweet and Spicy Bacon Crackers
- 12 slices uncooked bacon
- 2 sleeves Ritz crackers , about 45 crackers
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce , more or less to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with foil and place wire rack on top. Lightly grease with nonstick spray.
- Place crackers in a single layer on the rack. Slice bacon into quarters and place one quarter on each cracker.
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar and hot sauce. Place a small amount of brown sugar mixture on top of the bacon.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until bacon is crisp. Serve immediately. Best served same day.
Pin this image to save for later.