There’s not much to say about this one. The other week’s Shaved Asparagus Pizza inspired me to incorporate my leftover shaved asparagus into a salad. I also had carrots on hand, so I thought “why not give them a little shave, too?” I then piled the ribbons over top a handful of lettuce, drizzled with a quick citrusy homemade dressing and served it along side our dinner. I loved having a new green leafy option. In other words, it definitely beat grabbing a handful of salad mix from the bag and dowsing with bottled Ranch. Just sayin’… 🙂
Shaved Asparagus and Carrot Salad with a Creamy Citrus Dressing
For the citrus dressing:
- 1 Tablespoon orange juice
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper , to taste
For the salad:
- 4 to 5 asparagus spears , washed and dried
- 1 to 2 large carrots , peeled
- lettuce or salad mix
- In a small bowl, whisk together the orange juice, lemon juice, honey and Dijon mustard. Season with salt and pepper; set aside.
- Using a vegetable peeler, shave the asparagus and carrots into thin ribbons. Arrange a handful of lettuce or salad mix onto two or three small salad plates, then top with the vegetable ribbons. Drizzle each salad with dressing; serve immediately.