This simple summer vegetables side dish is cooked quickly in the skillet, then tossed with Parmesan - ready to accompany any weeknight summer meal.
Summer break is already here in good ol' Mississippi. Where I grew up in #PureMichigan, school kids weren't released for the summer until at least June, so this whole "school ends before Memorial Day" thing is still pretty odd to me. Of course, summer weather is also here, so at least the temperature feels right.
We've been grilling and enjoying outdoor cooking, and avoiding the hot oven. This Parmesan zucchini dish is perfect for using the stove-top while burgers are on the grill. I also made this to set aside a Mexican spread. It's a pretty versatile serving.
It took a couple of attempts to get my kids to eat this, but they finally did. Just keeping trying, they'll eventually eat their veggies!
Parmesan Zucchini Corn and Tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium green zucchini , diced
- 1 medium yellow zucchini , diced
- 1 cob of corn , kernels cut
- 2 Roma tomatoes , seeded and diced
- ¼ cup shredded Parmesan
- Salt + pepper , to taste
- Heat olive oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add the corn and zucchini; cook 5-7 minutes, tossing every minute or so to avoid burning. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from the heat and transfer to a serving bowl. Toss in the tomatoes and Parmesan. Serve immediately.