Homemade peanut butter protein bars with oatmeal, honey, protein powder and Chex cereal! Easy, no-bake and much better than store-bought!
I am very excited about today’s recipe, because my favorite recipes are those quick and easy recipes that anyone can make. These homemade peanut butter protein bars are SO very easy, requiring only a bowl and a pan! With just 5 minutes of prep, these easy protein bars are ready when you need a quick snack!
This recipe is a tweaked version of our favorite homemade peanut butter protein bars that y’all love. The main difference for these bars is the use of Peanut Butter Chex Cereal. You can use any Chex cereal, but I like the extra boost of peanut butter flavor.
The addition of cereal into the mix creates a nice crunchy texture to the bars. You won’t believe how easy it is to make these homemade protein bars! You simply melt together peanut butter and honey, then quickly stir in the rest of the ingredients. Spread the mixture into a pan and refrigerate for 1 hour. That’s it! Then you can slice them into bars and store in a container on the counter to snack on when you need that extra boost!
I brought a couple of these homemade peanut butter protein bars to my co-workers at the clinic, and they loved them. They immediately asked for the recipe, which is one reason I’m typing it up today so they can get it in their hands and make a batch at home! 🙂
These are not chalky peanut butter protein bars like some of the pre-packaged ones out there. No, these are soft with just the right texture and crunch! If you feel they are too dry for your liking, you can add up to an additional 1/4 cup of honey. I like the recipe as written, but the texture can vary depending on brand of peanut butter used so add more or less oats as you feel necessary.
Try packaging these for a new mom when you bring her a meal. Include these with the meal and tell her they’re just for her when she needs that extra energy to stay up with the baby. Or, make them for a fun after school snack for your kiddos! My kids love these — I sometimes stir in chocolate chips for a treat!
Munch on these easy peanut butter Chex protein bars at work, school, home or driving around in your car. They’re a great snack on the go. I can tell you from years of experience.
Have you made my original easy peanut butter protein bars? If you have, try these now! You’ll LOVE them!
Peanut Butter Chex Protein Bars
- 1 cup natural creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup honey (no less, but can use up to 1/4 cup more)
- 1 cup quick 1-minute oats , not instant
- 1 cup vanilla protein powder
- 1 cup Chex cereal
- Line a 9x9-inch or 7x11-inch pan with parchment or wax paper.
- In a medium microwave-safe bowl, heat the peanut butter and honey on high for 30 seconds. Stir and heat another 30 seconds. Stir again.
- Mix in the oats and protein powder, then fold in the cereal. Press evenly into prepared pan. Refrigerate 1 hour.
- Remove from fridge and slice into 12 bars (or to your liking). Store covered at room temperature for up to 1 week, or freeze individually wrapped up to 3 months.
- Nutritional values will vary based on brand of protein powder used.
- Texture may vary based on brand of peanut butter used. Use more or less oats to achieve desired texture. You may also use up to 1/4 cup more of honey.
- I like to use the new Peanut Butter Chex cereal, but any variety of Chex cereal can be used.