Chocolate Chip Treasure Cookies
The combination of coconut and chocolate chips with the sweetness from the condensed milk and graham crackers had me at “hello.”
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 14 oz . can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup butter , softened
- 1 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 12 oz . package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
In a small bowl, stir together the graham cracker crumbs, flour and baking powder; set aside. In a large mixer bowl fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the condensed milk and butter until smooth. Add the graham cracker mixture; mix well. Stir in the coconut, chocolate chips and walnuts.
Drop tablespoons of dough onto cookie sheet. Bake 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
Source: Sara Mungons via Highland Hills Baptist Church Cookbook, 2000