Buffalo Chicken Bites
These buffalo chicken bites are an appetizer favorite! All the flavors of buffalo chicken dip rolled into balls and baked with a crispy cornflakes coating.
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time35 mins
Servings: 30 bites, varies
- 4 oz. cream cheese , softened
- 1/2 cup hot sauce
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken , about 1 store-bought rotisserie chicken
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 large eggs , lightly beaten
- 4 cups Corn Flakes cereal , crushed
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a large bowl, mix cream cheese and hot sauce until combined. Stir in the chicken, cheddar cheese and green onions.
Using a medium cookie scoop, spoon out the chicken mixture and roll into about 2 inch balls. Place on a plate or separate baking sheet (not lined) until ready to dip.
In three separate dishes, set out the flour, eggs and crushed cornflakes. Dip each chicken ball first into the flour, then the egg and ending with the cornflakes. Place on the prepared baking sheet and bake for 20 to 25 minutes. Serve warm with ranch or blue cheese dressing.
- If freezing for later, place the coated chicken bites onto the parchment lined baking sheet and flash freeze for 20 minutes. Transfer to a freezer bag and store in the freezer until ready. To bake, place the frozen chicken balls back on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake at 350°F for 25 to 30 minutes, until crispy and golden brown.
- Nutrition information is an estimate and based on 2 to 3 bites per serving.
Serving: 2g | Calories: 239kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 122mg | Sodium: 487mg | Potassium: 176mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 547IU | Vitamin C: 9mg | Calcium: 129mg | Iron: 3mg