Buffalo Chicken Bites
Servings: 48 small or 30 medium sized
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken (About 1 store-bought rotisserie chicken, skin discarded)
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup hot sauce (or more to your taste)
- 3 1/2 oz . cream cheese , softened
- 1 3/4 cups sharp or medium shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs , lightly beaten
- 3 – 4 cups Corn Flakes cereal , crushed
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. In a large bowl, mix the chicken, cream cheese and hot sauce until combined. Stir in the cheddar cheese and green onions.
Using a small cookie or ice cream scoop, spoon out the chicken mixture and roll into about 1 1/2 inch balls. Place on a plate or separate baking sheet (not lined) until ready to dip.
In three separate bowls, set out the flour, eggs and Corn Flakes. Dip each chicken ball first into the flour, then the egg and ending with the Corn Flakes. Place on the prepared baking sheet and bake for 20 to 25 minutes. Serve warm with ranch or blue cheese dressing.
**If freezing for later, place the dipped and uncooked chicken balls onto the parchment lined baking sheet and flash freeze for 15 to 20 minutes. Transfer to a freezer bag and store in the freezer until ready. To bake, place the frozen chicken balls back on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake at 350?F for 25 to 30 minutes, until crispy and golden brown.