This baked mac and cheese recipe is super easy with simple ingredients! Our whole family loves this macaroni and cheese!
Macaroni and cheese is probably the most consumed food in our home. Granted, many times we make it from the boxed mix, but we also love a good homemade mac n cheese! My recipe for baked mac and cheese is so easy you will find yourself grabbing for the boxed kind less often.
Baked Mac and Cheese Recipe
You probably have everything you need to make this recipe right in your pantry and fridge! Gather these ingredients:
Grocery List for Baked Macaroni and Cheese:
- Pasta (12 oz - elbow or rotini)
- Sharp cheddar cheese (1 lb.)
- Butter (6 tablespoons)
- Eggs (2 large)
- Evaporated milk (14 oz. can)
The photograph shows this recipe with rotini pasta, but I've also used elbow macaroni (large and small) countless times.
How to Make Baked Mac and Cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Boil pasta to al dente, according to package directions. Drain.
- Layer pasta, cheese and butter in 9x13-inch pan.
- Whisk eggs and milk in small bowl.
- Pour egg and milk mixture over pasta in dish.
- Bake 20 minutes.
Click here for the full baked macaroni and cheese recipe ingredients and instructions.
I've tried other homemade macaroni and cheese recipes in the past, but never liked the taste, consistency, or the steps included to prep. Macaroni and cheese should be easy. I love finding simple dinners to add to my menu and to share with you. The easier the recipe, the more likely you and I are to make it!
Other Easy Dinner Recipes
- One-Pot Taco Rice Dinner
- Biscuit Topped Italian Casserole
- Slow Cooker Chicken Tacos
- Oven-Roasted Chicken Shawarma
Baked Mac and Cheese
- 12 oz. rotini or elbow pasta
- 1 lb sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- 6 tablespoons butter , cut into small pieces
- 2 large eggs
- 14 oz. can evaporated milk
- Preheat oven to 375˚F.
- Boil pasta to al dente, according to the package directions. Drain.
- Melt 2 Tablespoons butter and pour into the bottom of a 9-x 13-inch pan. Layer half of the pasta into the pan, then top with half of the cheese. Dot with 2 tablespoons of the remaining butter. Repeat layers, ending with dotted butter.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the 2 eggs and evaporated milk. Pour evenly over the pasta.
- Bake 20 minutes. Serve immediately.