This Baked Macaroni and Cheese recipe is super easy with simple ingredients!
If you follow me on Twitter or Facebook, you know the other day I had a craving for Kraft Macaroni and Cheese. And, you already know I satisfied that craving – not shamefully, either. This macaroni and cheese recipe is almost as easy as making it out of a box, but much better for you and dare I say more delicious! 🙂
I’ve tried other homemade macaroni and cheese recipes in the past, but never liked the taste, consistency, or the steps included to prep. Mac ‘n cheese is meant to be easy. I love finding simple dinners to add to my menu and to share with you. The easier the recipe, the more likely you and I are to make it!
We first had this Baked Macaroni and Cheese at our friends’ house when celebrating their 7-year-old grandson’s birthday. In that family, the kids get to pick whatever they want for dinner the day of their birthday. Funny enough, this young boy requested steak! His grandmother decided to accompany it with a fruit mixture (we were told he would not eat it if it was called fruit salad – hilarious!) and this homemade macaroni and cheese.
While the steak was definitely delicious, I was waiting all night to request the recipe for the easy macaroni and cheese. By the end of the evening, I forgot and went on my merry way. I later called up my friend and she quickly recited the recipe over the phone. After writing down the steps, I remember thinking “that’s it?”
Ironically enough, although the recipe is short and easy, for some reason my delinquent brain decided it wasn’t easy enough and completely forgot a step when making it for Judah’s party! Fortunately, the dish only suffered a little (a bit dry) and was still edible and tasty. I’ve since made it a few more times, including ALL steps, and it is fantastic! It serves as a good meal for Judah, as well.
I’m glad to finally have an easy homemade macaroni and cheese recipe, and looking forward to developing different variations of it. Don’t get me wrong, I’ll still cave in to those crazy Kraft cravings once in a while, but hopefully Judah will grow up with this homemade version and crave this when he’s my age instead. 🙂
Easy Baked Macaroni and Cheese
- 12 – 16 ounces large elbow macaroni or desired pasta
- 1 lb sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- 6 Tablespoons butter divided
- 2 eggs
- 1 (14 ocan evaporated milk
- Preheat oven to 375˚F.
- Prepare the pasta according to the package directions; cook to al dente. Meanwhile, melt 2 Tablespoons butter and pour into the bottom of a 9-x 13-inch pan. Layer half of the pasta into the pan, then top with half of the cheese. Dot with 2 tablespoons of the remaining butter. Repeat layers, ending with dotted butter.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the 2 eggs and evaporated milk. Pour evenly over the pasta. Bake for 20 minutes.