Sharing our easy Slow Cooker Chicken Tacos with only 3 ingredients! You can use this shredded chicken taco meat in tacos, enchiladas, burritos, salads and more! Healthy and simple!
Every family should have go-to recipes that are easy, convenient and makes a ton to freeze for leftovers. This 3-Ingredient Slow Cooker Chicken Taco recipe fits all three of those! EASY, because you just dump the ingredients into the slow cooker. CONVENIENT, because it’s only 3 simple ingredients and because it makes SO MUCH you have leftovers for days or can FREEZE to use later.
Slow Cooker Shredded Chicken Tacos
We use this recipe for shredded chicken tacos, enchiladas, taco salads, burritos, burrito bowls, nachos… the list goes on! Add this one to your Cinco de Mayo menu since it is so easy!
You can make a ton of tacos from this slow cooker shredded chicken. We’ve hosted taco night for just our family, as well as for a crowd using this Mexican shredded chicken taco meat.
Try these other recipes for Cinco de Mayo:
Take a Meal to a Family
This is the PERFECT dish to take to a family in need of a meal. Place the shredded chicken taco meat in a foil pan and send it along with a side of my Easy Mexican Rice, tortillas and all the fixin’s for tacos (lettuce, sour cream, salsa, and cheese).
How to Make Easy Slow Cooker Chicken Tacos
To make this easy shredded chicken tacos in the slow cooker, follow these simple steps:
- Start with skinless boneless chicken breasts. I use around 3 lbs which is typically about 4-6 chicken breasts.
- Trim the chicken quickly with kitchen shears and place in the bowl of the slow cooker.
- Sprinkle a packet of taco seasoning over chicken.
- Lastly, pour a 16 oz. jar of salsa over top.
- Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours, or high for 3 to 4 hours.
- Shred chicken with two forks in the slow cooker and mix with the juices.
That’s it!! Isn’t that SO easy!??
Can I Make Shredded Chicken Tacos in an Instant Pot?
You can definitely make this shredded chicken tacos recipe in an Instant Pot using the same ingredients. Just combine the 3 ingredients and pressure cook for 30 minutes. Shred the chicken and mix with the juices, it’s done!
Can I Use Homemade Taco Seasoning?
You can use homemade taco seasoning to make Slow Cooker Chicken Tacos. This recipe sticks to only 3 ingredients with the use of taco seasoning packets, however, I typically use my own homemade taco seasoning so I can control the salt. In a pinch when I might’ve run out of my jar of homemade seasoning, I usually always have a taco seasoning packet on hand to use!
It’s still really delicious with taco seasoning packets, but I have included instructions below should you want to use a homemade taco seasoning or simply do not have a taco seasoning packet on hand.
Other Recipes to Serve with Slow Cooker Chicken Tacos
Slow Cooker Chicken Tacos
- 3 lbs skinless boneless chicken breasts (about 5 chicken breasts)
- 1 (1 oz.) packet taco seasoning (or 2 tablespoons homemade taco seasoning)
- 16 oz. jar salsa (use your favorite)
- Place the chicken breasts in the bottom of a 6 quart slow cooker. Sprinkle evenly with taco seasoning. Top with salsa.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours, or high for 3 to 4 hours. Shred chicken and toss in the juices. Serve in taco shells with desired fixins, or use the shredded chicken for enchiladas, burritos, salads, soup, etc.
Pin to your favorite recipe board!