It’s been a little quiet here in the kitchen lately. I’m 36 weeks pregnant with very little energy, very high emotions and a ton of heartburn. At Wednesday’s appointment, my doc said to take it easy because I’ve already progressed and she’d like the baby to “cook” at least another week before going into labor. Oh boy.
I am definitely taking it easy as far as cooking and baking goes. Nothing new has happened in days in my oven, sink or stove. Just the usual go-to recipes, take-out, and eat-out. Although, I did make a new pie last weekend that was amazing. But, there was no way I could work up the motivation to get my camera and take a photo of it. Plus, it just gives me a reason to make it again very soon.
The other day, Ben was opening pretty much every cabinet and refrigerator door in our kitchen, looking for something to snack on. My grocery shopping trips have been scarce lately, so our pantry is pretty bare-bones. He finally gave up, turned to me and said “Do we have the ingredients to make your Peanut Butter M&M Cookies?” Guess what my loving response was? “Why? You gonna make them?” Nice, Nikki.
So I felt bad and made these very effortless cookies instead.
I didn’t get my camera out. I didn’t style them all cutesy. You’re looking at the Instagram photos from my iPhone.
Ben ate four of them straight in a row.
Effortless Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper or silicone liner.
- In a mixing bowl, stir all of the ingredients together with a wooden spoon until combined and smooth. Scoop tablespoon dough balls onto the cookie sheets and bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and cool on cookie sheets for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Or, eat warm, yum!
- (Thanks to my friend, Becky, for this recipe. I miss you, girl!)