Our gift guide to help you with your holiday shopping. Just a few ideas of gifts for the kitchen and gifts for your kids, all available on Amazon.
Happy holidays! I've never published a gift guide in my 12+ years of blogging, but this year I thought I'd take the time to put one together for you! We are avid Amazon shoppers, so everything I'm linking below you can easily shop for online through Amazon. Amazon offers very fast shipping for those last minute gifts!
This post contains Amazon affiliate links which means I get a small percentage for what you purchase. The product prices are the same, though, so you can rest assured you're not being charged anything higher. 🙂
You can always browse my Amazon shop -- also linked at the top menu bar. But, today I'm going to break this gift guide down into just 2 categories: "Gift Guide for the Kitchen" and "Gift Guide for Kids". If I had more time I'd add gift ideas for women and men. Maybe next year!
Gift Guide for the Kitchen
- Dutch Oven - This is one of my most used kitchen items. I had a green Lodge for several years and loved it, but because I have Michigan roots, I later opted for this Marquette Castings one in "superior blue". It's so beautiful and very heavy duty. I use it to make soups, stews, chili, taco meat, beignets, donuts, pretzels, you name it! Of course, there is the more expensive Le Creuset, but I don't think it's necessary to spend so much when you can get very good quality ones for much cheaper! Amazon even has their own highly rated dutch oven now, too!
- Cupcake/Cake Carrier - This cupcake carrier is SO fun and would make a great gift for that mom who loves to make cupcakes or cake and transport them. It conveniently collapses so it stores very well! You can carry up to 24 cupcakes or a 10" layered cake. I love mine!
- Mickey Waffle Maker - For your Disney loving friends and family! I have TWO mickey waffle makers. One is a bit cheaper and makes just one waffle at a time. But, its a decent size waffle and very cute shape that my kids (and I) love! The other one you can find on Disney's shop and also sporadically on Amazon. It is more expensive right now than when I bought it, but it is true to the actual Mickey waffles at the Disney parks! AND, it makes SIX waffles at a time. We have a ton of fun making Mickey waffles together, so this could be a very cool family gift!
- Cold Brew Coffee Maker - Ok, I know it's winter and many of us are not looking to drink cold coffee, but staying authentic to my family life, this is what is in our fridge all year long. Ben only drinks cold coffee and this KitchenAid cold brew maker is how he makes it. In fact, he received it as a gift a couple of years ago so that tells you it's a great gift idea! But, if you are really wanting to amp up the cold brew gift, consider this Nitro Cold Brew Coffee Maker. Y'all, it's incredible. We recently purchased it from a Kickstarter as a birthday present to ourselves and now it's available on Amazon. It's our weekend treat.
- Small kitchen tools - There are a few small kitchen tools that I find very handy and think would make great kitchen gifts. These are items that someone might not think to buy for themselves, but when they own it they realize how helpful they are!
- These pan scrapers are a saving grace for me when I'm washing dishes.
- I use this cookie scoop several times a month for cookie dough, muffin batter, ice cream (large scoop), and more.
- For recipes that call for lemon zest, or grated cheese, or freshly ground nutmeg, etc., this microplane is super useful! Another tool I use all of the time and stores nicely in my utensil drawer.
- You never know how useful a kitchen scale is until you own one! I couldn't find my exact scale, but this one is pretty close with great reviews and is less than $10. It also comes in other fun color options!
Gift Guide for the Kids
- Garmin Vivofit Jr. 2 - So I can't speak to the quality/use of this, because my kids don't have it yet. It is our gift to them this year (shhhh!!). But, so many friends recommended it when I was inquiring about my son's desire to get a Fitbit for Christmas. Amazon seems to have the best price on it, but Target is having a Black Friday sale on them!
- Wireless Headphones - Another wishlist for my kiddos this year. I'm looking at these wireless ones that have tons of great reviews and MUCH cheaper than Beats.
- Board games - We get our kids a new board game every year for Christmas. We're a game-loving family! I haven't decided on this year's, but their favorites from years' past are this bottle flip game, Farkle (only $5!), NFL Showdown, Boom Boom Balloon, Quick Cups, Sequence, Racko, and Sorry!
- Plus Plus Blocks - Ok, it's weird for my LEGO family to talk about another building block toy, but my kids LOVE these Plus Plus Blocks. They make GREAT gifts for a good price, especially the super tubes! The smaller tubes are perfect stocking stuffers. I love this unicorn one and thinking of gifting to my niece this year! Loving the Christmas themed ones, too!
- LEGO sets - Of course I have to link to our favorite LEGO sets and also the ones we desire to own. Our favorite LEGO sets we own are the Downtown Diner, Fishing Store, Disney Castle (wow! cheaper on LEGO shop site), Stranger Things, and Millennium Falcon. I've been eyeing the new LEGO treehouse set, and not for the kids -- but Ben and I wouldn't mind the Friends LEGO set (already hard to find!)
This list is definitely not exhaustive of all of the great ideas out there, but I simply do not have the time to do more! ha! I would love for you to leave a comment with your gift ideas. What are some of the best gifts you've given? What are your kids asking for this year? Do you opt for experience gifts instead like a trip or adventure? What are some of your favorite gifts you've received? I can't wait to hear!
Leave a Reply