This easy grape salad is a copycat recipe of Chicken Salad Chick's Grape Salad side dish. Green and red grapes mixed into a sweet cream cheese icing and topped with brown sugar and pecans. This is the BEST grape salad recipe and an easy potluck dish that feeds a lot of people!
You are in for a treat with this copycat of Chicken Salad Chick's Grape Salad recipe! Have you heard of Chicken Salad Chick's chicken salad restaurant? Or, better yet, have you been there? One recently opened in our area and I finally checked it out the other day for lunch.
Copycat Chicken Salad Chick's Grape Salad Recipe
Aside from serving delicious variations of chicken salad, Chicken Salad Chick's most popular side dish is this grape salad. When I was ordering, I couldn't believe the description -- "Red & white seedless grapes covered in a sweet cream cheese mixture, topped with brown sugar & crushed pecans." Say what!?
It sounded too weird to be good, but the gal taking my order insisted I give it a try. So I did! Boy, was I glad she insisted! The creamy dressing mixed with the grapes then topped with brown sugar and pecans was a perfect combination!
The BEST Grape Salad Recipe
I loved Chicken Salad Chick's grape salad so much I just had to leave a few bites for Ben -- because I knew he wouldn't believe me based on the description only. He had to try it for himself!
As I had predicted, he loved it, too. He immediately asked me to recreate the recipe so we could enjoy it more often at home. I scoured the internet and combined a few recipes and tips I found to come up with what I think are the perfect measurements for a copycat recipe.
For this recipe, all you need are the following 8 ingredients. None of them are weird. You may even have most of them on hand already!
- Cream cheese (8 oz.)
- Granulated sugar (1/2 cup) and brown sugar (1/2 cup)
- Sour Cream (8 oz.)
- Vanilla extract (3 tsp)
- Red and green grapes (2 lb. of each)
- Pecans (1/2 cup, chopped)
Click here for full recipe ingredients and instructions.
How to make grape salad
You will not believe how easily and quickly you can throw together this grape salad! Follow these very simple steps:
- Mix the cream cheese, white sugar, sour cream and vanilla.
- Stir in the grapes and refrigerate.
- When ready to serve, top with brown sugar and pecans.
That's it! Easy right??
I sometimes serve this in a bowl and other times in a 9x13 dish so the topping can be spread among a larger area of the grapes. Either way is just as great! I saw a photo on Pinterest that one of my readers served hers in a trifle bowl!
Give this a try and let me know what you think!
More Dessert Salad Recipes
- 8 oz cream cheese , at room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 8 oz. sour cream
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 lb red seedless grapes , washed and dried
- 2 lb green seedless grapes , washed and dried
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup pecans , chopped
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Stir in the sour cream and vanilla and beat again until light and creamy.
- Fold the grapes into the bowl of cream cheese mixture. Cover and chill until ready to serve. Right before serving, top with sprinkled brown sugar and pecans.
- This recipe can be easily halved for a smaller crowd.
- Use less cream cheese and sour cream if you'd like it less creamy.
- Nutrition information is an estimate only.