This grape salad is a copycat recipe of Chicken Salad Chick's side dish. This is the BEST creamy grape salad with a crunchy brown sugar pecan topping.
You are in for a treat with this copycat recipe of Chicken Salad Chick's Grape Salad! We've tested this recipe many times and think this is the BEST! If you like grape salad, you may want to also try our citrus fruit salad or glazed fruit salad recipes.
What is Grape Salad?
Grape salad is simply green and red grapes mixed into a sweet cream cheese icing and topped with brown sugar and pecans. It's a side dish or a dessert!
Copycat Chicken Salad Chick Recipe
Aside from serving delicious variations of chicken salad, Chicken Salad Chick's most popular side dish is grape salad. When I was ordering, I couldn't believe the description -- "Red & green seedless grapes covered in a sweet cream cheese mixture, topped with brown sugar & crushed pecans." Say what!?
It sounded too weird to be good, but the individual taking my order insisted I give it a try. So I did, and I'm so glad! The creamy dressing mixed with the grapes, and then topped with brown sugar and pecans is a perfect combination!
I loved Chicken Salad Chick's grape salad so much I just had to leave a few bites for Ben -- because I knew he wouldn't believe me based on the description only. He had to try it for himself!
As I had predicted, he loved it, too. He immediately asked me to recreate the recipe so we could enjoy it more often at home. I scoured the internet and combined a few recipes and tips I found, then tested many times, to come up with what I think are the perfect measurements for a copycat recipe.
(full printable recipe at end of this post)
I like to focus on recipes with easy and accessible ingredients right from the grocery store or already in your pantry. Below are the ingredients that make up grape salad.
- Cream cheese (8 oz.)
- Granulated sugar (1/2 cup)
- Brown sugar (1/2 cup)
- Sour Cream (8 oz.)
- Vanilla extract (3 tsp)
- Red and green grapes (2 lb. of each)
- Pecans (1/2 cup, chopped)
As you can see, these are all very basic ingredients that when combined create such explosive flavor!
Scroll to the recipe card at the bottom of this post for the step-by-step instructions and video on how to make this creamy salad. The general steps are as follows:
- Mix softened cream cheese, white sugar, sour cream and vanilla with an electric mixer.
- Stir in the grapes with a rubber spatula and refrigerate.
- When ready to serve, top with brown sugar and pecans.
That's it! Easy right?
I sometimes serve this in a bowl and other times in a 9x13 dish so the topping can be spread among a larger area of the grapes. Either way is just as great! I saw a photo on Pinterest that one of my readers served her grape salad in a trifle bowl!
Grape Salad Recipe with Yogurt
If you are not a fan of sour cream, you can substitute Greek yogurt instead. Sub with the same amount.
Miniature Candy Bars
Another fun idea is to add bite sized candy bars to this grape salad! I recommend Snickers. You can chop up a full size bar into bite sized pieces to be more cost effective.
More Creamy Salad Recipes
Made this recipe? Leave a star rating and tag me on Instagram @seededtable so I can see. I love hearing from you!
Creamy Grape Salad
- 8 oz cream cheese , at room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 8 oz. sour cream
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 lb red seedless grapes , washed and dried
- 2 lb green seedless grapes , washed and dried
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup pecans , chopped
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese and sugar with an electric mixer until smooth. Stir in the sour cream and vanilla and beat again until light and creamy.
- Using a rubber spatula or wooden spoon, fold the grapes into the bowl of cream cheese mixture. Cover and chill until ready to serve. Right before serving, transfer to serving dish and sprinkle with brown sugar and pecans.
- This recipe can be easily halved for a smaller crowd.
- Use less cream cheese and sour cream if you'd like it less creamy.
- Nutrition information is an estimate only.