This pretzel dip recipe with cream cheese is super easy and full of flavor. Otherwise known as "crack dip", it's irresistible and comes together in under 5 minutes!
Everyone needs this crack dip in their recipe collection. Typically, people think of butter and salt on their pretzels, a drizzle of dijon mustard, or maybe cinnamon sugar for sweetness. But, don't forget a delicious cream cheese dip for dipping your pretzels! This is one of the best!
About this Recipe
There are many variations of pretzel cheese dip out there. One combo is this cheesy bacon ranch version that is served cold. We love it with pretzels (try honey mustard!) or spread on crackers, but you can even dip in some carrots, celery, or other veggies, chips, or whatever you want!
This dip requires less than five minutes of prep time, and then let the mixture chill for at least two hours in your fridge. It's a perfect recipe to quickly put together the night before so its ready when you need it.
This is such a basic recipe with simple ingredients that you may already have on hand. But, let's be honest, after reading this list of ingredients, I hope you're not counting calories!
- Cream cheese
- Sour cream
- Mayonnaise (we prefer Duke's brand)
- Ranch dressing mix
- Shredded cheddar (or Monterey Jack)
- Green onions
- Crumbled bacon
You can add a little bit of other spice to your taste, like a pinch of salt, maybe a half teaspoon of garlic powder, cayenne pepper, or red pepper flakes. We've also used Monterey Jack cheese in place of the cheddar and chives in place of the green onion.
- Stir all ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Chill and serve.
Although I haven't tried it, this dip could be served hot by either placing in the microwave or give it a bake in the oven and whisk it all together. The texture will be different, of course, but it will still be very good! I would serve a hot cheese sauce version of this with soft pretzels.
More Cheese Dips for Game Days
Made this Recipe?
Leave a star rating and tag me on Instagram @seededtable so I can see. I love hearing from you!
Crack Pretzel Dip
- 4 oz cream cheese at room temperature
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 oz packet dry ranch dressing mix
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 green onions sliced
- ½ cup crumbled cooked bacon (I use Real Bacon Pieces for convenience)
- Combine the cream cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise and ranch until smooth.
- Mix in the rest of ingredients and chill for at least 2 hours. Serve with crackers, pretzels, veggies or chips.
- Nutrition information is an estimate only.