This pepperoni pizza dip is an easy baked pizza dip for any party.
Pepperoni Dip is a hot cheesy dip baked in the oven for only about 20 minutes. It's a combination of just a few ingredients that are typically found in dip recipes and pizza. Baked until bubbly, my pizza dip recipe is sure to please!
As an Amazon affiliate, I earn a small amount from qualifying purchases.
Pepperoni Dip Recipe
I've been sitting on this pizza dip for a while. When it comes to dips, I really need an occasion to make them or else I will sit and scarf down the entire thing by myself. I have no control. As we discussed all week, Super Bowl Sunday is almost here so what a perfect opportunity! But, I wanted to share the recipe and photo with you before the big day in case you wanted to make it, too.
So I had no choice but to make it and eat it all by myself. I'll never get rid of this baby bump. In fact, someone patted my belly today and commented "wow, another one already?" #notcool
How to make pepperoni pizza dip
This pepperoni dip includes your typical dip ingredients mixed with your typical pizza ingredients. Here's what you need:
- Cream cheese -- every perfect dip starts with this, right?
- Mayonnaise -- for that tangy flavor.
- Spices -- we went with garlic powder and dried basil.
- Mozzarella -- of course, it's pizza!
- Miniature pepperoni's -- you can find these at any grocery store. BUT, if you can't find them, just cut up regular sized pepperoni's instead.
- Parmesan -- for the salty crispy finish.
- Pizza sauce -- again, it's pizza.
Use an oven proof dish and layer the ingredients. Bake and serve! It's best served with toasted baguettes, in my opinion, but crackers or breadsticks will do, as well.
Can you freeze pizza dip?
I do not recommend freezing this pizza dip. The mayonnaise and cheeses in this pizza dip recipe will not thaw well for a creamy dip result. Make this the day you intend to eat it.
Pizza dip recipe variations
Cheese or meatlovers. Try adding cooked sausage crumbles and bacon with the pepperoni for a meatlovers pizza dip. Or, leave out the meat altogether for a cheese pizza dip!
Pepperoni and mushrooms. I haven't tried it yet, but I think adding cooked mushrooms to this would be delightful! I love a pepperoni and mushroom pizza!
Hawaiian pizza dip. Ok, can't you taste it now? Instead of pepperoni, use diced ham (or bacon) and crushed pineapples (or tidbits). Oh boy, I'm gonna have to try this! Be right back...
Recipes to serve with pizza dip
- Parmesan Breadsticks
- Shaved Asparagus Pizza
- Garlic Cheese Bites
- BBQ Chicken Pizza
- Fruity Brownie Dessert Pizza
Printable recipe is below. Leave a comment and/or star rating to let me know what you think! Enjoy!
Pepperoni Pizza Dip
- 8 oz. cream cheese , softened
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 cups shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup miniature pepperoni slices
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a small bowl, use a spatula to blend the cream cheese together with the mayonnaise, garlic powder and dried basil. Mix in 1/2 cup of the mozzarella. Spread the cream cheese mixture in the bottom of a small oven-proof dish or pie plate.
- Place half of the mini pepperoni slices in an even layer over top of the cream cheese. Sprinkle 1/2 cup of the remaining mozzarella over top, then sprinkle with 1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese. Pour pizza sauce over the cheese and evenly spread, then top with the remaining mozzarella and Parmesan. Finish by placing the rest of the mini pepperoni slices evenly over the cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 20 minutes, or until hot and bubbly. Once the surface of the dip is golden, loosely top with foil to avoid burning. Serve hot with toasted baguette slices (recommended) or breadsticks.
- If you cannot find mini pepperoni's, cut up regular sized pepperoni's.