A tender and flavorful Italian meatloaf your whole family will love. This easy crockpot meatloaf takes only 15 minutes of prep!
I don't love just any meatloaf recipe. The kind that drowns in ketchup is not the kind for me. Meatloaf packed with robust Italian flavors topped with a tomato sauce is more to my liking. When I can toss it together for a quick crockpot recipe, that is even better! I think you'll love this crockpot meatloaf recipe!
🧾 Grocery List
This meatloaf recipe comes together with only 6 ingredients! You will love how easy it is to put together!
Gather these ingredients:
- Lean ground beef (1 ½ lb)
- Roasted red bell pepper (2 from a jar)
- Italian style bread crumbs (¾ cup)
- Grated Parmesan (1 cup)
- Eggs (2 large)
- Marinara (1 cup)
I developed this recipe for Pillsbury years ago and it's held great reviews. We use Progresso bread crumbs (the Italian style), but you can use whatever brand you can find at your local grocery store. If you can't find Italian style, add a teaspoon of Italian seasoning to the ingredient list.
Click here for full recipe ingredients and instructions.
With only 15 minutes of prep, you can quickly get this into the slow cooker and let it cook for 5 to 6 hours. The last 15 minutes, add the marinara over top the cooked meat to heat through. Remove, let rest 10 minutes, slice and serve!
🥩 Meatloaf Variations
The leftover meatloaf heats up wonderfully, but consider eating the leftover slices as a meatloaf sandwich!
You can serve the meatloaf with potatoes, green beans, salad, or any side dishes that you like to eat with your Italian meal will go well with this meatloaf. Pasta as a side is good, too!
Try adding diced onions to the meatloaf mixture if you want a little added flavor.
👩🏽🍳 Best Tips for Slow Cooker Meatloaf
You can make this meatloaf in the oven, but why heat up the house when you can use your slow cooker? For instructions on using your oven, click here. But, I highly recommend this slow cooking process as the meat is so tender when done.
It is easy to form the meat into a loaf, but do not make it too thin. The size should be around 12 inches long and 4 inches high (give or take an inch or two... easy enough)!
You can easily form this meatloaf ahead of time. Tightly wrap in plastic wrap and keep in the fridge overnight, then on your lunch break you can come home and stick it in the slow cooker so it'll be ready when your workday is done!
🥘 More Crock Pot Recipes
- Crock Pot Balsamic Pot Roast
- Slow Cooker Beef Barbacoa
- Slow Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup
- Slow Cooker Chicken Tacos
- Crock Pot Lemon Poppy Seed Cake
This recipe was originally developed September 2015 and updated with new photos and tips September 2020.
Crockpot Meatloaf Recipe
- 1 ½ lb. lean ground beef
- 2 roasted red bell peppers (from a jar) , diced
- ¾ cup Italian style bread crumbs
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- Line bottom and sides of 6 quart slow cooker with foil. Lightly grease with nonstick spray.
- In large bowl, combine ground beef, peppers, bread crumbs, Parmesan and eggs. Use clean hands to thoroughly mix together. Shape mixture into a loaf; place in slow cooker.
- Cover; cook on Low heat setting 5 to 6 hours or until meat thermometer inserted in center of loaf reads 160°F.
- Uncover; pour marinara sauce evenly over cooked meatloaf. Cover; cook on Low heat setting 15 minutes longer or until sauce is thoroughly heated.
- Use sides of foil to remove meatloaf from slow cooker to cutting board. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
- Nutrition information is an estimate only.
- If you cannot find Italian style bread crumbs, add 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning to mixture.