Everyone loves an easy appetizer like this Buffalo Chicken Dip. This chicken dip tastes like buffalo wings, and goes well with chips, crackers AND vegetables!
Buffalo Chicken Dip is a favorite snack at any event, not just game day. We enjoy this chicken dip all year round, even at Christmas with our neighbors! My recipe uses 5 ingredients, including our favorite cooked shredded chicken that I boil once a month and keep in the freezer. But, you can also use a store-bought rotisserie chicken or canned chicken. Either way, you will LOVE how easy it is to prepare this buffalo chicken dip!
As an Amazon affiliate, I earn a small commission from qualifying purchases.
Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe
With only 5 ingredients, you can whip up this chicken dip in a jiffy! Here’s what you need:
- Cream cheese: Gives this dip it’s cheesy tangy flavor.
- Ranch mix: The 1 oz. pouch of dry seasonings, not the liquid dressing.
- Hot sauce: The most important ingredient, IMO.
- Mayonnaise: Mix this with the hot sauce to create the buffalo flavor.
- Shredded cooked chicken: I always keep some in the freezer, or you can grab a rotisserie at the store, or use canned.
What do you serve with buffalo chicken dip? We like dipping chips, crackers and/or veggies into the buffalo dip. So make sure you have those on hand! I love Fritos Scoops with this buffalo chicken dip, as well as celery, carrots and sliced bell peppers.
How to make buffalo chicken dip
- In a medium bowl, mix the cream cheese, ranch seasoning, hot sauce, and mayonnaise until combined.
- Stir in the chicken until evenly coated.
- Pour into a lightly greased casserole dish and bake at 400°F for 20 minutes.
- Serve hot with chips, crackers and/or veggies.
- Store in refrigerator for 3 to 5 days.
- Reheat leftovers in the microwave on HIGH stirring every 30 seconds.
Buffalo Dip Variations
Stir in shredded cheddar — Mixing about 1 cup of shredded cheddar into the dip for a more cheesy dip. I recommend using a block of cheddar and shredding it yourself, as it will melt better. But, for convenience, the pre-shredded cheese is great, too!
Use buffalo sauce — Instead of hot sauce and mayo, try 1 cup of buffalo sauce (like Frank’s Red Hot) instead. I use hot sauce and mayo because I always have those on hand.
More than a dip — There are many other ways you can enjoy this recipe other than as a dip. For example, spread it on bread and make a buffalo grilled cheese sandwich. It’s also delicious cold as a topping on individual crackers like Wheat Thins or Ritz. We even made homemade buffalo chicken pizza with this recipe the other day!
Other buffalo chicken recipes:
- Buffalo Chicken Bites
- Buffalo Ranch Taquitos
- Buffalo Chicken Quesadillas
- Mini Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches
Print the recipe for later. Leave a comment and/or star rating to let me know what you think! Enjoy!
EASY Buffalo Chicken Dip
- 8 oz. cream cheese , softened
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup hot sauce
- 1 (1 oz) package ranch dip mix
- 2 cups cooked shredded chicken
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Lightly grease casserole dish.
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix together the cream cheese, mayonnaise, hot sauce and ranch until thoroughly combined. Stir in the chicken until coated.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until bubbly and heated through. Serve hot with chips, crackers, and/or veggies.
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator for 3 to 5 days. Reheat in the microwave on HIGH, stirring every 30 seconds until hot.
- This recipe can be easily halved for a smaller 6-serving party.
- Nutritional information is an estimation based on 12 servings.