Make easy gingerbread muffins for Christmas brunch!
Years ago I saw someone post a photo of gingerbread muffins on Instagram. I quickly filed that idea in my head and have been wanting to make them since. Every year, I would forget until finally this year!
Every home cook should have molasses in their pantry during the holidays. Then grab a few more items to complete these muffins.
Gather these ingredients:
- flour (3 cups)
- sugar (1/2 cup)
- molasses (1 cup)
- vegetable or canola oil (2/3 cup)
- eggs (2)
- baking soda (2 teaspoons)
- cinnamon, cloves, ginger
- boiling water
Click here for full recipe ingredients and instructions.
How to Make Gingerbread Muffins
- Combine dry ingredients in medium bowl.
- Beat wet ingredients (minus water) in large bowl.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients.
- Stir in boiling water.
- Divide into muffin cups.
- Bake 20 minutes in preheated 350°F oven.
These muffins take only 10 minutes to prep and about 20 minutes to bake. They bake up so beautifully! I also think I'd love these as a cupcake with frosting over top.
Find yourself cute cupcake liners to make these extra special for the holidays. I found the gingerbread cupcake liners you see in the photos at Home Goods.
More Gingerbread Recipes
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup unsulphured molasses
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil , or canola oil
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar , plus additional for dusting
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup boiling water
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line two 12-count muffin pans with paper liners; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, cloves, and ginger. In a large bowl, beat the molasses, oil, sugar, eggs and vanilla. Add the dry ingredients and gently mix. Add boiling water; stir to combine.
- Divide batter into muffins cups, filling about 2/3rds full. Dust the tops with sugar. Bake 20 minutes, until toothpick inserted comes out clean.