This Seven Layer Dip recipe is EASY and a QUICK appetizer for any party year-round. A Mexican dip with layers of refried beans, guacamole, sour cream, black olives, tomatoes and cheddar cheese. Serve with scoop chips, crackers or veggies.
Seven Layer Dip is such a classic recipe and a staple at many parties. I can’t believe I’ve never posted a recipe for it! My recipe is the easiest and fastest I’ve seen because I like to use ready-made guacamole instead of taking the time to mash the avocado myself. By the time you spend the money on the avocados, limes and salsa to mix in, it’s actually more cost-worthy to buy the store-bought. Plus, saving time and keeping it convenient is money saved in my book these days. 🙂
We had a “May the 4th” Star Wars party last night and I was able to snatch a photo of the “7 Leia Dip” before our guests arrived. Since today is Cinco de Mayo, I thought it would be the perfect recipe to share!
Serve it in a 9×13 dish, or layer it in the center of a large platter so you can place the chips around it. Either way, it serves a large party and you might even get to take some leftovers home for a midnight snack.
Another great thing about this dip is that you can add or eliminate layers to your tastes. You can spice it up with some jalapenos, throw in a layer of your favorite salsa, leave out the black olives, or whatever you want!
Seven Layer Tex Mex Dip
- 1 (8 oz.) container sour cream
- 1 (1 oz.) package taco seasoning mix
- 1 (16 oz.) can refried beans
- 1 (16 oz.) container ready-made guacamole
- 1 cup shredded Mexican-blend cheese
- 4 Roma tomatoes , seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup chopped black olives
- 2 green onions , chopped
- In a small bowl, mix the sour cream and taco seasoning; set aside.
- In the bottom of a 9x13-inch dish or a large serving platter, evenly spread the refried beans. Top with an even layer of the sour cream mixture then spread the guacamole over top. Sprinkle with the cheese and top with the tomatoes, black olives and green onions.
- Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate. Serve with tortilla chips, scoop chips, crackers or veggies.
Pin this image to save for later.