Make a fun Thanksgiving breakfast with these easy Cinnamon Roll Turkeys. Refrigerated cinnamon rolls are quickly baked and then decorated like turkeys with bacon feathers, candy eyes, candy corn nose, and pretzel sticks feet. Your kids will giggle with these goofy cinnamon roll turkeys!
My family’s been making these Cinnamon Roll Turkeys for four straight years. They were originally published on Pillsbury‘s website with the brilliant idea from Shawn at I Wash, You Dry. Every year my kids look forward to making these little turkey cinnamon rolls and I can’t blame them for wanting such a fun and tasty Thanksgiving breakfast!
With all of the other cooking and baking taking place on Thanksgiving day, you might not think much about Thanksgiving breakfast. But, because we use refrigerated cinnamon rolls, these whip up quickly! Plus, what better idea is there to keep your little kids busy Thanksgiving morning and out of your way while you’re hustling to get your cooking done. 🙂
Tips for Making Cinnamon Roll Turkeys
- Load up on the candy corn BEFORE Halloween ends. In my experience, most grocery stores are out of candy corn after Halloween and do not restock it until the following year.
- Bake the cinnamon rolls separated on a baking sheet instead touching each other in a cake pan. This will make it easier for your kids to grab a roll and decorate.
- Use the BIG candy eyes — I think they’re cuter and more animated.
- Spread the icing while the buns are still warm, but not TOO warm so that it drips too quickly. Let it dry slightly before placing the eyes and beak to avoid them from sliding off.
Grab candy corn from your local grocery store BEFORE Halloween. The candy corn tends to disappear after then, so you might have a hard time locating any for these cinnamon roll turkeys. Kroger, Walgreens, AND Walmart were out of them today, but I luckily found them at The Fresh Market. Another idea is to shop at a convenience store (gas station) who I’ve been told carries them year round. (Can anyone confirm that for me?)
Did you make this recipe? Share your photo and tag #seededatthetable!
Cinnamon Roll Turkeys
- 1 tube refrigerated cinnamon rolls (5-pack)
- 8 slices thick cut bacon , cooked until crispy
- 10 large candy eyeballs
- 5 pieces candy corn
- 15 pretzel sticks broken in half
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone liner.
- Separate dough at the seams into 5 rolls and place on prepared baking sheet. Set tub of icing aside.
- Bake rolls for 15 minutes. Remove pan from oven and allow to slightly cool.
- Break bacon slices in half and place three halves into each cinnamon roll by tucking into the seam.
- Spread icing on top of each cinnamon roll and allow to drip down sides. Decorate with candy eyes, candy corn beak and pretzel stick feet.
Pin this image to save for later.